In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tramadol...revisteded

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
How many milligrams can you take in a couple of hours?

I have a tooth infection and have been taking codeine for the past few weeks and I'm tired of my poop being backed up.
I have an appointment July 5th and need to get by till then.
I have Tramadol 50mg that my doctor gave me in January for my foot but chose to take the codeine instead.

I've taken 100mg's since 4:00 and need more. The directions on the bottle were for arthritis and says "one every 12 hours" which isn't practical for this situation.
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• blazen91blazen91 Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 50mg Tramadol HCL. Doc told me that I can take up to Eight a day.
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by blazen91
    I have 50mg Tramadol HCL. Doc told me that I can take up to Eight a day.

Sounds right, however, are you taking antibiotics?

Tramadol by itself will not fix the problem.

What worked for me quite well a while back was Ben Gay (or equivalent) to the affected area every couple hours.
  • pitjeeppitjeep Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my bottle says 1 50mg every 4 hours as needed for pain.i quit them as they made for restless sleep & strangest dreams i ever had.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a tooth pulled 4 weeks ago and the dentist did something wrong.
    I wasn't in pain when I walked into the dentist office, the infection started later that day.

I took ampicillian for 10 days that was in my bug-out-bag. It was almost 2 years old. My tooth felt better after 10 days but that was over a week ago that I ran out.
    I have since taken more the 40 Tylenol #4's. but I am tired of codeine although I have plenty left but won't mix them with the Tramadol.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Doc told me that tramadol is about as good as ibuprofen. He pulled me off of it saying i needed something stronger for the back spasms i started getting tuesday. ER doc prescribed the tramadol and diasapam which seem to take some of the pain away. Just enough were i can get up and piss if i need to. Anyway he told me that 800 mg of ibuprofen is about equal to 20 mg of tramadol.
    edited November -1
    I take Diazapam 5mg twice a day also.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    I take Diazapam 5mg twice a day also.

They have me on 5 mg every 8 hours. But the local doc wanted to changed that also. Will have to see how the new meds work out. If they dont i'll go back to the tramadol and diazapam
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    I had a tooth pulled 4 weeks ago and the dentist did something wrong.
    I wasn't in pain when I walked into the dentist office, the infection started later that day.

I took ampicillian for 10 days that was in my bug-out-bag. It was almost 2 years old. My tooth felt better after 10 days but that was over a week ago that I ran out.
    I have since taken more the 40 Tylenol #4's. but I am tired of codeine although I have plenty left but won't mix them with the Tramadol.

Sounds more like a dry socket, exposed bone..... BTDT
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Eat 200Mg. of trazadone.You'll sleep right through the entire thing...[|)]
    edited November -1
    Damn i really need to look at the med bottles more closley. I didnt know you cant have grape fruit of grape fruit juice with diazepam. I love the stuff but we dont keep it around the house much as i'm the only one that eats or drinks the stuff. Goof thing. I ually check out the stuff like no booze or booze may intensify drowsiness but who would have thought grape fruit wood mess with it that way it does.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Eat 200Mg. of trazadone.You'll sleep right through the entire thing...[|)]

I take 50mg of Trazadone before bed along with Fenofibrate 200mg.
    That's almost my whole pharmaceutical history in this thread. [:)] [:D] [8D]
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    its going to depend on your opiate tolerance. the more you normall take, the more you need.

a year ago, you'dve had trouble fitting enough tramadol in a bottle to worry me. of course, at the time i was on ~50mg of dilaudid a day.

if you're used to opiates i would take much more than 150mg at a whack.
    edited November -1
    I'm going back to codiene.
    I've been up since 4:00am in pain.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif