In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tough to swim with a car for a flotation device..

Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
Apparently they not be strong swimmers. Darwin Award Contenders though.

"The bodies of Dominique Battle, 16, Ashaunti Butler, 15, and Laniya Miller, 15, were found after the car drove into the pond around 4 a.m. EDT (0800 GMT) as the driver apparently was trying to evade police, Gualtieri said."

The three teens had, between them, seven arrests - most of them for grand theft auto, he said. "On the eighth time, they died," Gualtieri said.

Dang the Luck.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/three-florida-teens-found-dead-in-stolen-car-submerged-in-pond/ar-BBrcij4?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Comments

• diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little buzzards taken out of the system for good.

If only every...........
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's the way to lower the crime rate!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    With those names I'm going to hazard a guess they weren't Native American or Irish.

Used to be an old joke about a fellow trying to steal more chain than he could swim with.
    I guess they stole more car than they could swim with.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    bless their no longer beating hearts.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cleaned that genetic line up nicely.
  • themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reap what you........
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I' m all broke up about this.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:"On the eighth time, they died," Gualtieri said. "Unless we do something different, we will continue to see more lives lost. Three dead teenagers is not acceptable."

wonder how many crimes they committed and did not get caught doing
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up in Georgia and it was well known that black people just could not swim.
    You would go down to the county pool, there would be a hundred black kids in there, all clinging to the side. Wouldn't even wade out into the shallow end.
    Scared of water I guess.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fish food
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I grew up in Georgia and it was well known that black people just could not swim.
    You would go down to the county pool, there would be a hundred black kids in there, all clinging to the side. Wouldn't even wade out into the shallow end.
    Scared of water I guess.

better watch it, i had a debate here with the nunn's on that very issue
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope they got the pond cleaned up...
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ST. PETERSBURG (FOX 13) - Three teenage girls were found dead inside a stolen vehicle that crashed into a retention pond in Pinellas County Thursday morning.

It was around 4 a.m. when the car crashed into the retention pond at a cemetery near Gandy Boulevard and Interstate 275.

Woman folk or not, the scum are dead, and it's a good start
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    Not if you have this type of car.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wIV375wMVpU/Tce-lKHb4qI/AAAAAAAAD-8/grgj83zDZ3E/s1600/Schwimmwagen_WP.JPG

The Volkswagen Schwimmwagen.

There were also some English amphib cars in the 60's and I think a couple of American commercial cars too.
  • OMCHamlinOMCHamlin Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awwwwww... [:(]

And by that, I am referring to the poor SOB that loaned his car to his dumb-@$$ buddy, who "left it running at a WalMart"? What level of stupid is that? (on both of their parts!) See, once again, we focus on the criminals, with no concern for the victim... [V]

As to the little thieves? Who cares? "car became a death chamber" Oh well, they do that sometimes, I guess... [^]
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i leaned how to swim when i was thrown into a pond, getting out of the bag was the hard part. i guess they never leaned the getting out trick. leave the car fill up and then open the door, if you panic your done. mr myopic.
    edited November -1
    evidently, the other hood rats never taught them how to break OUT of a car. Three more breeders we won't have to support down the road.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    It's a shame. They probably have no parents that give a dam either. The system is so screwed up when we pay these people to breed the little rats. The incentive for these mamas to pump them out like pez has to stop at some point. I won't wast my time making some racist sarcastic remark.

Alright maybe I will. If you aren't going to teach them to swim at least make sure there lips are properly inflated.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    and the car manufacturer will be sued by black lives matter in 3...2...1
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doncha just love a story with a happy ending? [^]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [^][^][^][^][^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    i leaned how to swim when i was thrown into a pond, getting out of the bag was the hard part. i guess they never leaned the getting out trick. leave the car fill up and then open the door, if you panic your done. mr myopic.

what if it 75' deep ?
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    and the car manufacturer will be sued by black lives matter in 3...2...1

Or the car owner for letting it get stolen or the police for chasing them.............
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if the car is going down upside down, i don,t think your going to make it. if it goes down up right or nose down you have slim chance as their will be a small air bubble up near the roof or at the rear window. at 75 feet it will depend on how long you can hold your breath to make it to the surface. i know i would not like to try it. mr myopic.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******
    edited November -1
    Well for Pete's sake you guys! I just saw pictures of the drowned victims and they were WHITE! APRIL FOOL'S
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    Well for Pete's sake you guys! I just saw pictures of the drowned victims and they were WHITE! APRIL FOOL'S

Better look again.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:The sheriff says the pond's water was so murky that police could not find the car. Divers later found the car, stolen in St Petersburg the night before, in 15 feet of water, according to police

Picture of the pond looks like they found the deepest part the rest has reeds growing on it.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aside from the fact that this was criminal scum, you often hear stories of people drowning in their cars in ponds.
    The car goes into the pond, and the 19 year old gal calls her father.
    NO! It is not time for the Iphone, for virtual reality.
    She has all the reality she can stand. Her daddy and the policemen can't save her.

You go into the water you gotta get a window down before you lose electricity. Gotta get that seat belt off.
    Then you swim 30 feet to the shore.

Unbelievable to me how helpless people are in these emergencies.
    I bet you ten dollars AT LEAST 2 of those black girls in Florida were on the Iphones as the water filled the passengers compartment.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet they don't do that again.

I sense shananighans.

"The car was stolen in St. Petersburg the night before, he said. The owner of the car told police a friend had borrowed it to give the girls a ride to a nearby park, the sheriff said.

On the way there, the friend stopped at a Walmart to buy a television, leaving the car running, and when he came outside, the girls had taken off with the car, Gualtieri said."