In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

stupid kalifornians

Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
well what can I say? unfortunately I live there.( in california),, not proud of it, seems now the libterds have put into place that new min wage law thats going to totally kill jobs. my God I am so sick of liberals, wish theyd actually let us go open season on them. [:(!]

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with ya! I live in Santa Cruz, Ca. Just a little north of me is the Sanford/Palo Alto/Atherton area. Now get this! if you live in that area and make 250k or less a year You qualify for Sec. 8 housing. [:0]
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just hope they pass a law to raise my Social Security & pension so I can afford a hamburger after they raise the pay. Going to be strange when they have to lay off all the burger flippers because no one can afford a hamburger.
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The experiment is on. Let's see what a $15 minimum wage will do to the economy.

I predict rapid inflation as prices go up on goods and services to pay higher wages. Workers making more than $15 before will now be demanding raises to keep their position on the pay scale. Many workers will be laid off as employers cut back due to labor cost.

But we'll see...
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They recently passed that here in Oregon. The minimum varies by area according to cost of living, I presume. I'd wager there's gonna be a bunch of kids not getting an opportunity to work this summer. Prices of everything involving unskilled labor will go up and the idiots screaming for more money will find themselves right back where they started or just plain out of work. Good luck down there, Lonewolf!
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The legislation in Oregon is going to be fun to watch, Steve. I asked one of the local legislators how they figured the different wage rates in different areas was going to pass legal muster when challenged for the obvious violation of the Equal Protection clause of both the US and Oregon Constitutions.

The blank look I got was fun to see. It must be really fun to be a liberal democrat. Reality doesn't apply, common sense isn't necessary, and they can hear the ocean in their heads without using a seashell. [;)][:D]
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    we're just hoping and praying the 'State of Jefferson' petition passes.
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lived in Commiefornia til 1981 and moved North two states.Back in 2004 i went back to Napa to work on my mothers earthquake damaged house.We decided to go up to Saint Helena to visit my grandmothers grave. We were on hy29 heading North near Yountville when some moron stops right in the middle of the highway and shoves a camera out the window of his car and starts taking pictures of a vineyard.I honked my horn and the moron sticks his head out the window of his car and starts babbling, grapes,it's grapes. I stick my head out and tell him not so calmly if he wants to see grapes he needs to go to fxxking Safeway and then i blast past him while giving him the one finger salute.Napa has one of the most famous mental hospitals in the world.IMOLA Napa state hospital.

lost in Space.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

I predict rapid inflation as prices go up on goods and services to pay higher wages.

The federal minimum wage was raised to $7.25 per hour back in July 2009 and has not been raised since. In those 7 years prices for everything from food to housing has went up. And yet the minimum wage stayed the same...

Rapid inflation if it happens will only be an excuse for companies to raise the price for their goods or services..

Something to think about.. 98% of the shoes sold in the US are foreign made... I would like to see NIKE argue the fact that due to having to pay it's employees $15 an hour they must raise their prices in order to stay in business. Then what about all of those company goods that "use to be made in the US" sold in Walmart and everywhere else? How will a minimum wage of $15 an hour justify them raising their prices?
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Min. Wage becomes $15 an hour (soon) I'll have to get a second job flipping burgers. Also Hot Dogs will be the only meat I can have a week. Look forward to hearing me say "Konichiwa and welcome to Burger King how may I take your order".
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Problem will be that no one will be able to afford to eat at Burger King.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

I predict rapid inflation as prices go up on goods and services to pay higher wages.

The federal minimum wage was raised to $7.25 per hour back in July 2009 and has not been raised since. In those 7 years prices for everything from food to housing has went up. And yet the minimum wage stayed the same...

Rapid inflation if it happens will only be an excuse for companies to raise the price for their goods or services..

Something to think about.. 98% of the shoes sold in the US are foreign made... I would like to see NIKE argue the fact that due to having to pay it's employees $15 an hour they must raise their prices in order to stay in business. Then what about all of those company goods that "use to be made in the US" sold in Walmart and everywhere else? How will a minimum wage of $15 an hour justify them raising their prices?

The Gub has no business setting wages in the first place.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    Yeah, but for the ones employed there, they'll still be demanding $15/hr.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the gub'ment started subsidising min wage to keep places open. [xx(]
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    Yeah, but for the ones employed there, they'll still be demanding $15/hr.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the gub'ment started subsidising min wage to keep places open. [xx(]

Yeah, right.

Where are they going to get the money to do that?

Oh wait, nevermind.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm curious to see if the price of a commiefornia McD or BK burger sets a nation wide price standard.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    The legislation in Oregon is going to be fun to watch, Steve. I asked one of the local legislators how they figured the different wage rates in different areas was going to pass legal muster when challenged for the obvious violation of the Equal Protection clause of both the US and Oregon Constitutions.

The blank look I got was fun to see. It must be really fun to be a liberal democrat. Reality doesn't apply, common sense isn't necessary, and they can hear the ocean in their heads without using a seashell. [;)][:D]

You Swedes sure have an odd sense of what 'fun' is!
    My idea of fun will be seeing the Oregon border in the rear view mirror when I can retire and get out of this liberal poopity hole in a few years!