In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Push for more gun laws

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Leebo5Leebo5 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Federal law penalties for a "Straw Purchase" are up to $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison. According to that "Outgunned" piece, the suggested punishment is 2 to 2 1/2 years with 40% of straw purchasers getting probation. Prosecutors don't like to try them because they have no flash. Let's not add laws , let's enforce the ones that are there. As for the Mexican gun violence and USA made firearms. Tighten up the border,quit giving guns the the Mexican Govt. which many end up with the drug cartels and don't let US citizens into Mexico. Stay out of that cesspool. Lee
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    No lets not enforce the ones that are there, lets do away with all laws that encumber the Law Abiding Citizen, and let the criminal go free.. Deal with the criminal and those that abuse the right to bear arms, [:0]
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    No Gun Laws = FREE SOCIETY
    No Gun Laws = Self Protection from the Government
    No Gun Laws = Fun Shooting for EVERYONE!

[:D]
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm certainly not pushing for any gun laws.
    Rep. Elijah Cummings is pushing for National reporting of buying more than One Rifle in a Month, just like handguns.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    they should go after those that Ok'ed the ATF sting.
    I would not surprise me that holder, obama knew about them.
    after all obama wants to take are guns, this was one of his]
    attempts to use guns south of the border to attack our rights.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a gun last weekend and noticed the "are you the buyer" question on the 4473 had 3 possible responses. Yes, no and "no response". Anyone else see this, what's the reason for the change?
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    not to worry. According to the latest rumor, the "individuals" will fight this gun grab to a standstill.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    not to worry. According to the latest rumor, the "individuals" will fight this gun grab to a standstill.
    fox, you can take snipes and make ankle-bites all day long, yet the fact remains that you will never grasp the issue.

This is because you are of the ethic that is the root cause of it.

You simply are not able to recognize this fact and you never will, but hey, feel good in the knowledge that you are firmly amongst the majority.

That is all.
  • DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Cummings is a Leninist "useful idiot" and poster boy (whooops, did I just call him boy?) for Affirmative Action hire legislaturds. He's dumb as a hammer and is elected by one of the most pointlessly violent, ignorant constituency in the country. Baltimurder.

2. Anyone remember a story from 2006 where MEXICAN POLICE, came to the Phx gun show and illegally bought handguns and ammo and were picked up by the (then) multi-agency Op Gunrunner task force? Oh yeah, they were ALLOWED TO GO HOME IN THEIR ARMORED SUBURBAN, to a foreign country, with FELONY charges pending. Would you or I be allowed to do that? Charges "vanish" and no follow-up to this story available anywhere. Even Tonks have an Animal Farm it seems.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=591750

Or this awesome incident.

Largest weapons cache in years seized in Laredo
    AP via Houston Chronicle ^ | June 2, 2010, 2:20PM | CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 1:58:59 PM by a fool in paradise

Laredo police say they made one of their largest weapons seizures in years after pulling over a truck laden with brand new assault rifles, bayonets and ammunition that they believe was headed to Mexico.

The seizure Saturday afternoon came less then two weeks after Mexican President Felipe Calderon asked Congress to help stem the flow of guns from the U.S. into Mexico.

Acting on a tip from the Webb County Sheriff's Office, Laredo police stopped a vehicle containing 175 brand-new, boxed assault rifles, 200 high-capacity magazines, 53 bayonets and 10,000 rounds of ammunition. One of the two men in the vehicle tried to flee, but was apprehended, said Laredo Police Investigator Joe Baeza...

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the seizure, but Baeza said the presumption is the vehicle was heading to Mexico.

"Two Joe Blows aren't going to buy a bunch of weapons and it stops there," Baeza said. "We're pretty positive it was headed to Mexico." He declined to release the names of the two men in custody...

Baeza said the seizure hit home in the context of Calderon's recent visit to Washington, during which he suggested the U.S. reinstate its ban on the sale of assault rifles.

Mexico has long complained that its violent drug war was fueled in large part by weapons smuggled across the border...

"I fully respect, I admire the American Constitution and I understand that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to guarantee good American citizens the ability to defend themselves and their nation," Calderon said to a joint session of Congress during his May visit. "But believe me, many of these guns are not going to honest American hands."...

Oh yeah, those scummy tonks got 6 mos suspended and deported.

So, who exactly is to blame here? The Laws, or those who ENFORCE ARBITRARILY!?
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    fox, you can take snipes and make ankle-bites all day long, yet the fact remains that you will never grasp the issue.

You simply are not able to recognize this fact and you never will, but hey, feel good in the knowledge that you are firmly amongst the majority.

That is all.

In red above. So I'm the "cause" and you and yours are the "solution?" Man, that is some crazy thinking. But at least I'm not a crayfish like "some people."
  • swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DRP-AZ
    Mexico has long complained that its violent drug war was fueled in large part by weapons smuggled across the border...

"I fully respect, I admire the American Constitution and I understand that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to guarantee good American citizens the ability to defend themselves and their nation,something Mexican citizens do not have the right to do despite being in much more physical danger every day than the average American." Calderon said to a joint session of Congress during his May visit. "But believe me, many of these guns are not going to honest American hands."...

you'd think the drug war was fueled by drugs and money and well-lubricated by an ineffective Mexican government...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

That is all.

In red above. So I'm the "cause" and you and yours are the "solution?" Man, that is some crazy thinking. But at least I'm not a crayfish like "some people."
    If you would actually read what was written rather than what you want to say was written, you may actually be able to make a cogent point.

But hey, why start something new.
  • Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    I bought a gun last weekend and noticed the "are you the buyer" question on the 4473 had 3 possible responses. Yes, no and "no response". Anyone else see this, what's the reason for the change?
    That is about as stupid thus far as I have read about our beluv'd gubmnt,,,,,,,,, you stand there with this stupid piece of paper in front of you asking for your personal info and as if thats not bad enough it asks ARE YOU THE BUYER? id tel them WELL OF COURSE I AM YOU STUPID DOLT! IM HERE N GIVIN YOU THE MONEY ARENT I ?[}:)][;)]
    stupid is as stupid does. just look at the democrats!