In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Seventy percent of Arizonans like the new law.

JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics
The other thirty percent are illegal immigrants.
The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I seen the 70% figure this morning, I was surprised.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's going to be stricken down somehow,......our numbnutts POTUS is against it, Mexico is complaining, and it looks like riots might be taking place soon from what I am seeing.

'Violation of civil rights' of course.
    Any that wonder why this nation is going round the last turn on the big flush need look no further.

We have been turned into a gay, PC nation that has no balls whatsoever.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    America: The kind, soft and gentle giant.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Obabama, the POSUS, believes making illegals illegal is illegal. [:(!]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Then the 70% are wrong[B)]
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    If they say this "new" law violates civil rights then they have to strike down the current FEDERAL immigration laws as well because they violate civil rights.

If you have not read the law, you should. Just as the left is trying to portray the Tea Party as a violent, racist group they are spreading fear that this law is a Big Brother, Brown shirt deal so that you can be asked for "your papers" based soley on the color of your skin.

it is far from that. Basically, it is just the current FEDERAL law rewritten to specify the State can enforce it because the Feds won't and have told them so.

I am not sure how it's going to work logistically, because this law DOES NOTHING to provide resources for deporting or housing those picked up beyond current FED regulations. All the bill says is that they will be turned over to ICE (which has been a revolving door for more than just the last two administrations!)

So, if you think this is a segway to a national ID card, or a blatant violation of Constitutional Rights, you are wrong.

Actually, the more I read what it actually does, I wonder why the hell they even bothered.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    If they say this "new" law violates civil rights then they have to strike down the current FEDERAL immigration laws as well because they violate civil rights.

If you have not read the law, you should. Just as the left is trying to portray the Tea Party as a violent, racist group they are spreading fear that this law is a Big Brother, Brown shirt deal so that you can be asked for "your papers" based soley on the color of your skin.

it is far from that. Basically, it is just the current FEDERAL law rewritten to specify the State can enforce it because the Feds won't and have told them so.

I am not sure how it's going to work logistically, because this law DOES NOTHING to provide resources for deporting or housing those picked up beyond current FED regulations. All the bill says is that they will be turned over to ICE (which has been a revolving door for more than just the last two administrations!)

So, if you think this is a segway to a national ID card, or a blatant violation of Constitutional Rights, you are wrong.

Actually, the more I read what it actually does, I wonder why the hell they even bothered.

+1000
    As I said previously,....no balls at all.

Edit: One thing it will do is spend more money to 'teach' the cops how to not do racial profiling. Rather like after 9/11 when the TSA was checking 70 year old white grandmas while letting people matching the descriptions of who caused the issue walk through.

The pantywaist PC garbage that takes place in this country makes me physically ill.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner