In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Christmas in the smokies

gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
The wife and I are going to spend the Christmas week in Pigeon Forge . I love seeing all the wildlife in Cades cove. Is any body else going to be in that area that week? Maybe we could meet up for coffee ? We will be staying near The Christmas Village on the strip.

Comments

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have not seen it you might want to hit Biltmore quite stunning at Christmas.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second the suggestion to attend the Biltmore estate. They put on real show that is hard to imagine. It is really dressed up.
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    If you have not seen it you might want to hit Biltmore quite stunning at Christmas.

well worth the visit
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gary, my daughter and family are going to go see the mouse for Christmas this year .You are heading north ,they going south .You will enjoy the mountains at Christmas .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rambo rebel
    Rock City

And of course Ruby Falls...
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is anything left or rebuilt after that horrible fire?
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Is anything left or rebuilt after that horrible fire?

That?s what I?m going up to see. I?ve been to the biltmore at Christmas and yes, it is amazing. I?ve never been to ruby falls.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Googled Ruby Falls, we had been to Anna Ruby Falls in GA but wow how cool is that, wish I could go back in time and take my kids there when they were little. That and the Great Smoky Railroad Christmas Polar Express. Maybe someday I'll get some Grands to do that with.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    Packing up in the morning to hit the roads before the weekend holiday traffic. If anybody is in the area , let?s meet up in pigeon forge.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    post some photos
    have a great time .

even thought I grew up in the north ( born in Tennessee ) I still love to look at and visit the mountains I cant really call it home sick as I have only spent a short time of my life there and just visits to kin folk more like some primal feeling of being free I guess [^]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sister just got back last night they had a great weekend up there even with the rain.

Biggest eastern whitetail I've ever seen was in Cades Cove. I love it up there...
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go on up the road a few miles from Rock City/Ruby Falls to Sweetwater,TN and see The Lost Sea. It is one of my favorites and much better than Ruby Falls if you like caves IMO.

http://thelostsea.com/history/
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    Go on up the road a few miles from Rock City/Ruby Falls to Sweetwater,TN and see The Lost Sea. It is one of my favorites and much better than Ruby Falls if you like caves IMO.

Probably not enough time on this trip but I will keep it in mind for later.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent

I've been there,...pretty cool. Went to Rock City and Ruby Falls as well many years ago.

Enjoy your trip Gary.[:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner