In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

....so called Social Security.....

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
...I got a 2% raise! Yeah!!!!!.....but my new payout is 79.00 less....medicare supplement has gone up!

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expected it to be a draw, but I get an extra Ben Franklin.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still better than last year...
    "What is truth?'
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably better the S.A. You must pay in until you're old enough to collect.

Minimum wage dictates the minimum old age benefit. The minimum wage is $200 a month, max benefit is %80 or $160 per month, plus insurance.

The best plan is the U.S.A. plan,, go to the U.S. illegally, work and send money home. Buy houses and start a business,, ask your kids to help with any shortfall,, the only way they can help is go the the U.S.A. and the cycle continues,, forever,,?

The U.S. might be the only country in the world that allows unlimited money to be sent overseas.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yesterday I tried to use the inter-net instead of calling. Said I wasn't me & said I tried too many times & had to wait one day. Called on the phone & spent the next FIFTY minutes listening to a recording suggesting I use the inter-net. GRRRRRRR Finally got the one person serving the entire country & was able to change my direct deposit.
    I had tried the bank first but they told me the SS wouldn't let them do it anymore.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

The U.S. might be the only country in the world that allows unlimited money to be sent overseas.

Here is an interesting map which shows where and how much money (officially called remittances) goes to specific countries.

http://labs.time.com/story/where-immigrants-send-the-most-money-home/

Because "wire services" like Western Union take a cut as a "service fee", I have often delivered cash to the friends and families of Bulgarians living and working in the United States. Moving money around the world is big business with nearly $10 billion in service fees going to US financial services every year. That is virtually free money, so they lobby Congress hard to keep that money flowing out of the United States.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is very interesting... Mexico is the big taker.
    "What is truth?'
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    social security has to be cut so they can GIVE IT FREE TO NON CITIZENS
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Not a lot but an extra $42 a month is better than nuthin'
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    M.C. thanks for the map. Mexico #1 with 24.4 Billion and looks like China is #2 with 16.3 Billion and India is #3 with 11.2 Billion.

Money transfers are a racket good business. Exchange rates can be anything the sender decides,, within reason and fees paid by sender the same.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    If the current tax proposal goes through, you can kiss meaningful COLA increases goodbye forever.

Google ?chained CPI? for the difficult facts.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    COLA is a feel good law...makes you think they love you...
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    If the current tax proposal goes through, you can kiss meaningful COLA increases goodbye forever.

Google ?chained CPI? for the difficult facts.

Good.