In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do Ya Like .25acp mouse guns??

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Just got two Berettas, one model 418 made in 1953 in nickle with the grip safety and one model 950BS. Cool guns that need to be test fired, cleaned, photoed, and listed on the auction side.[:)]

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are a favorite of mine. Things are well made. If I was at your shop I would buy them. Nickel 418, never seen one?
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 sellers seem to be pretty darn proud of the 418s currently on the block.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have over 40 .25acp handguns...

Mostly Spanish and Belgian baby browning clones

But some oddball orphans as well like the Russian TOZ kgb pocket pistol and a baby frommer...

Mike
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two a colt vest pocket I bought from a great uncle ( long departed ) for my wife almost 40 years ago
    and a German 25 I can not recall the name right now It belonged to my dad ( also departed ) he had it for years, thought it was something special because the grips did not have the normal screw holding them on he traded a Beretta jet fire for it .

I on occasion will carry the colt as a back up hide out [:D]

I worked with a fellow who had a 25 auto emptied into his chest at a bar one night , had all the scars but did no lasting damage ( he was big fellow big John what we called him and not sure what he was wearing at the time )
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    I have two a colt vest pocket I bought from a great uncle ( long departed ) for my wife almost 40 years ago
    and a German 25 I can not recall the name right now It belonged to my dad ( also departed ) he had it for years, thought it was something special because the grips did not have the normal screw holding them on he traded a Beretta jet fire for it .

I on occasion will carry the colt as a back up hide out [:D
    I worked with a fellow who had a 25 auto emptied into his chest at a bar one night , had all the scars but did no lasting damage ( he was big fellow big John what we called him and not sure what he was wearing at the time )

Orties would be the other firearm I believe
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Orties. I have always wanted to attend one of those. quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I like them.

2 Colt pocket pistols with enclosed hammers.

2 Colt Junior .25's with exposed hammers.

1 Beretta

[img][/img]MsLLKiH.jpg

[img][/img]zIanDJx.jpg
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not have any use for one as a carry gun, however that does not mean I don't like them.

If I must go small, I would go with a 380 Glock 42 or Walther PPK or a 22 with Rem Vipers.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Beretta Minx in .22 short. Does that count?[:I]
    I shot it at a 1'x1' steel target at fifty yards once, was hitting it about 80% of the time.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to have a Jetfire .25 back in the early 1990's. It was stolen by a cleaning lady ages ago...[V]
    edited November -1
    I just find them interesting.

The baby browning design is so elegant and simple and so copied and cloned...

So few moving parts but reliable

And as I stated the non browning designs are neat to like the Mauser model 1910 and others

Fun guns

Mike
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's it [^]

quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

• 7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got 4 of the CZ-45 25 ACP pistols. One is factory engraved.

Some time carry one. Nice well made Double action pistol made from 1945 thru 1992.

f_cz45_1947_engraved.jpg
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Orties. I have always wanted to attend one of those. quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

Not what they are cracked up to be,[:o)]--especially if you are in line.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when i was a kid in our small town two old bums got to arguing over the ugliest woman in the county ...one shot the other with a pocket 25... DRT...winner went to Leavenworth and died there...both losers
    edited November -1
    I bought a plastic Tupperware container full of .25 acp parts once

Turned out to be three "Buffalo" Spanish manufacture baby browning clones

I put the best one on display - the only one with still intact real buffalo horn grip panels and the best finish

All guns were intact and numbers matching and in decent shape except for the grip panels and a missing magazine

Just dug them out - the other two I mean - from the project pile

Numrich arms has hard rubber or plastic black replacement grip panels in stock and a magazine that will fit

The finish on these two is more gray than blue

I think I will tinker with them and clean them and test them and get the grips replaced

Give them to the girls and all three of us will have one (a Buffalo .25 acp pocket semiautomatic pistol that is)

Mike
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Got a cute Raven. That is a safe Queen. Misfires from Hell and if I touched the Muzzle to the broad side of a barn I would miss.
  • yonsonyonson Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One Colt 1908 vest pocket, two Budischowsky TP-70's, two Raven P-25's. Ravens work just great after you modify (weaken) the extractor spring, about a ten minute job. Budischowskys were made in the 70's, early models made in Michigan were some of the finest .25's ever made, later production not so much.
    edited November -1
    Even gifted one to my mother

A browning with a silver plate finish and gold plate accents with mother of pearl grip panels and the original cute little red and black hinged factory case...

She also has a later model Taurus .25 acp one of the tip up bbl models with rosewood grips...

Had a chrome plated Raven that was given to me but the shame of owning one was just to much and I traded it to a fellow an old Nikon compact 2-7 power scope

Mike
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have a Raven that I won on a .25 cent tip board back in the 70s.

DSCN0886.jpg
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smallest I have is a Beretta 21. Never owned a .25