In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

military selling excess 1911 's ?

Comments

• andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bill "authorizes" the transfer. It still hasn't been signed into law. Then, the ODCMP will have to be modified. Their current charter authorizes them to sell rifles, but no mention of pistols. So, some day, it may come to pass that you will be able to overpay for worn out rattle trap 1911s. Oh joy. I can hardly wait. [;)][:D]
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    The bill "authorizes" the transfer. It still hasn't been signed into law. Then, the ODCMP will have to be modified. Their current charter authorizes them to sell rifles, but no mention of pistols. So, some day, it may come to pass that you will be able to overpay for worn out rattle trap 1911s. Oh joy. I can hardly wait. [;)][:D]

Also known as classic pieces of American history. Priceless.
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16

Also known as classic pieces of American history. Priceless.
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    be a shame for them to end up as scrap due to missing parts. missing parts can be replaced.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I understand it a lot of these came back from South Korea and were not issued or were gently used. However if the CMP is going to sell them they will be way overpriced and still sit there.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    As I understand it a lot of these came back from South Korea and were not issued or were gently used. However if the CMP is going to sell them they will be way overpriced and still sit there.

Or folks with an "in" will scoop up most the collector pieces before the public has access to them.
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Captn should contact them. tell them you would be happy to auction them off.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

DCM wasn't bad. Mine cost $17 including shipping.
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled

DCM wasn't bad. Mine cost $17 including shipping.

I'd pay that but anything over 9mm is illegal (here). Why? might hurt yourself.