In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

10/31/1948

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I was born at 3:56 am. The very first words from my drug-induced mother to reach my yet undeveloped ears was "GET THAT COLD DEAD FISH OFF MY BELLY"

Mom used to laugh like crazy when she would tell me that story. When I was a little kid I didn't think it was the least bit funny, but it brought a smile to me years later. She passed away Sept. 16, 2016, and I still think about her every day. We had good times, bad times, and a lot of funny times close to the end. She made it to 91.

Yesterday I was an old fart, today at 70, I am now officially a geezer.[:0][:D]

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday Geezer!
    RLTW

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday!

Reminds me of the time an elderly lady was telling the wife and I about the birth of one of her children in a very lively way, especially when she got to the part about her son being the ugliest baby that you ever saw. [:D]
    What's next?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am older than you Jr. and no where near being a geezer. Wundudnee is older than either of us and he ain't no geezer either.

Only hope for you is buy a Harley and join Hell's Geezers.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geezer is commonly used to refer to any man whose name you don??t know, as in ??I was chatting to a couple of geezers in the pub last night??. If someone is a geezer, they may also be overtly masculine and possibly a down-to-earth, plain-speaking type. The word is not synonymous with macho, however, and is roughly the equivalent of the American word dude. An England international footballer once referred to Prince William as ??a nice, relaxed geezer??. In North America, however, geezer usually refers to elderly men, as in ??I was walking down the street when this old geezer walked straight into me??.

The origin of geezer is an interesting one. It appears to derive from the now obsolete term guiser, meaning someone who walks around in disguise, a performer in a masquerade. So a word that was used in the Middle Ages to refer to mummers (actors in traditional plays without words) has now simply come to mean bloke.

Happy birthday you old mummer[:D]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy birthday, Geezer. [;)]

My youngest son's birthday was yesterday.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday Geezer. I was a Geezer five years ago and now at 75 I am just old.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday BUBBA!

I've Always wanted to say that![:D]

P.S. Being Bubba Jr. you will never be a GEEZER, because that title goes to Bubba SR. [8D][:)]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday!
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess you are out of warranty
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys.

BTW, I think my warranty expired right after my 5 bypasses, 3 years ago. [:0][:D]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday, youngster!!!! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    Thanks, guys.

BTW, I think my warranty expired right after my 5 bypasses, 3 years ago. [:0][:D]

thats called getting the extended warranty........ hope it holds up as well as the original
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    What she said I would say what a fantasist memory of her you will carry to your end

"GET THAT COLD DEAD FISH OFF MY BELLY"

I have a memory of my Dad when he used often with lot of accent God-Damn he used it in such a way it didn't sound like swearing
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Happyyyyyy Birthdayyyyyyy!!!!!
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    Happy Birthday BUBBA!

I've Always wanted to say that![:D]

P.S. Being Bubba Jr. you will never be a GEEZER, because that title goes to Bubba SR. [8D][:)]

Well since Dad died back in 2013, maybe I should change my name to Bubba Sr. [:D]