In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fed-Ex sell out

Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Just read Fed-Ex sold out to anti- gunners. Won't offer discounts, etc.

[V][xx(][:(]

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is getting to the place where Fed-Ex and Brown are making USPS look good.

Seems every package I get from Amazon that was shipped "USP-Smart Post" gets messed up. Shipped USPS no problems. I avoid Fed-Ex wherever possible.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: I avoid Fed-Ex wherever possible.

Me 2.

The guy who delivers in my area is a lazy, worthless SOB.

A few years ago I ordered 10,000 168gr BTHP Match bullets from some place that had them on sale for a really good price.

Fed Ex derived them and the guy left them in the middle of the driveway. I asked him why a week later when he delivered some other stuff and he said it was too heavy for him to move..........I just pointed to his hand truck and shook my head.

And yes you guessed it[xx(]
    RLTW

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote: I avoid Fed-Ex wherever possible.

Me 2.

The guy who delivers in my area is a lazy, worthless SOB.

A few years ago I ordered 10,000 168gr BTHP Match bullets from some place that had them on sale for a really good price.

Fed Ex derived them and the guy left them in the middle of the driveway. I asked him why a week later when he delivered some other stuff and he said it was too heavy for him to move..........I just pointed to his hand truck and shook my head.

And yes you guessed it[xx(]

Sooooo, did you just leave them there in the middle of the driveway because they were too heavy? I think not...
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope I got MY Hand Truck and put it in my garage.

I figured he would at least move it near my Garage.

I have a detached garage and my driveway is about 150yds long and there is a turn around spot.

He left it by the turn around about 40 yds from the garage and right in the middle of the driveway. He probably just shoved it out of the back of his truck and let it hit the ground.

thats a sorry * SOB IMO.

BTW I didn't even know NRA members got anything from Fedex. I am a life member and have never heard a peep about this.

Oh yea my UPS guy is squared away. One time one of my Dogs got in his truck and he drove off with him aboard. Well about 5 mins later here he comes and dropped Dusty off. We both got a big laugh out of that and I called UPS and praised him.
    RLTW

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    My dog gets milk bone treats from both my UPS and USPS drivers when they make large deliveries![:)]

FedX?.what is that?[:0]
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    My dog gets milk bone treats from both my UPS and USPS drivers when they make large deliveries![:)]

FedX?.what is that?[:0]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all work for me.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    75% of my deliveries are crushed or holes punched in the boxes. Fed-Ex is best at that, USPS is second place, and UPS third. My address number is 225, three houses down is 255. At least once a week we have to exchange mail. Complaints to the local postmaster fall on deaf ears.
    My mailman thinks there is no size limit on what will fit in my mailbox. Walked up behind him smashing computer parts into the mailbox. I calmly asked him if he thought his head would fit in there with them. My packages are left on the porch now.[:)]
  • WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    I got all over the FedEx driver yesterday. He threw a boxed shotgun from about 10 feet onto my porch. I stopped him and made him wait while I unpacked and inspected the shotgun. I know the guy that has the delivery contract for this area for FedEx Home deliveries, He is a customer of mine. I gave him a call and a heads up about his driver.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold out? I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you give us a source?

I just take it for granted that most large companies are going to try to screw those of us who have anything to do with guns.

Neal

"FedEx is a terrible form of package shipping; all of the others, however, are far worse." --- with apologies to Winston Churchill
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is posted on Bings banner the rotates across their site.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fed-Ex rural deliveries are franchised (or seem to be around here)and those delivery people are mostly interested in making a profit from their franchise.
    I have a good relationship with my rural mail carrier and UPS delivery folks(except the one who everybody including his co-workers dislikes). This improves service considerably.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i get deliveries from all 3 , and to tell the truth, do not have a problem with any. 2 native american deliverymen[ups and fed ex] and a lady postal delivery[usps] person, all bring packages up to my steps with a smile, greeting, conversation, and a farewell till the next time.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Mine got left at the end of my drive in the ditch cause he was to lazy(temp Driver). Problem was that it snowed and covered up the packages. Lots of 5.56 ammo.

So I filed a report with UPS They finally told me where it was after getting pissed in their office. Driver listed that he put it on my Porch.

Then what did they do for about 4 years all UPS packages had to be signed for. They screw up and punish me. Cause since I work I had to go to the UPS building and pick up my Packages.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FedEx was the only outfit that would insure a recent pistol purchase for anything even approaching its value. So I went with them.

Some time you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    USPS is run by an organization that is pretty anti-gun as well.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FedEx cut ties with a lot of groups under their alliance discount programs, not just the NRA.