In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vintage sight filler

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
I do not think I have ever seen a true Winchester sight filler for a old 94 octagon barrel gun. I need one but most the the fillers I have seen look like a big wart on the barrel. If you have one I could buy I would do that or if you could just send a photo so I would know what I am looking for.

Comments

• Options
    custom shopcustom shop Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, try the Brownells 080-000-193WB Decorative Slot Blank it the closest thing to a factory 1900 vintage Winchester blank, it's about .050" longer and wider and not polishes the same but you could have any competent gunsmith turn it in to what would look like original equipment. Best Regards David Dentico
  • Options
    dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks cistom shop, I had seen these on old guns but thought it was just a old sight somebody cut off. Got a order in
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen blanks for octagon barrels that just fill in the dovetail and align the flats, just don't think I have any left.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a couple of fillers. What size dovetail are they and how long?