In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning BBR 243

HUNTRODHUNTROD Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Merry Christmas Everyone,I'm still looking for a Browning model BBR (Bolt Action Rifle) cal .243,these were produce from 1978 - 1984 This model was sandwiched in between the Hi Power and the A-Bolt. It must be in .243 as I already own the BAR, BLR, and BPR all are 243's.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HUNTRODHUNTROD Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was unable to find my original post, so I'm looking for a Browning BBR (bolt action rifle) built from 1979 - 1984 it followed the High Power, and preceeded the A-Bolt. It has to be in cal 243, as I already have the BAR, BLR, and BPR all are in cal 243 When I lost my post, I also lost contact with 1 extremely helpful user, I'd like to re-connect with.
    I'm not certain, but I think, the person, I lost contact with user's name is OAKIE
  • jmshuntsjmshunts Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As bad as I hate to give Cabelas Gun Library any business...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Browning-BBR-Winchester/1678321.uts

You should be able to work them down on the price at least $50.
    edited November -1
    As much as I'd like to believe this is available, it reminds me of an ad I saw 3 months ago, from the same store in Hazelwood, and when I called on it, they told me it had been sold 2 years ago, I vaguely remember it being the same item # too, but I do appreciate the reply. Yours is the only 1 I've had in many months. quote:Originally posted by HUNTROD
    Merry Christmas Everyone,I'm still looking for a Browning model BBR (Bolt Action Rifle) cal .243,these were produce from 1978 - 1984 This model was sandwiched in between the Hi Power and the A-Bolt. It must be in .243 as I already own the BAR, BLR, and BPR all are 243's.Thanks in advance.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This sucks but a guy in Sacramento California has one for sale but will not ship. maybe you could contact him and let him sell it to a dealer and have them do a transfer for you. Just a suggestion. Trying to help. Oakie
    edited November -1
    WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE HIS E-MAIL, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER OR ANY WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. Thanks Rodger

quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    This sucks but a guy in Sacramento California has one for sale but will not ship. maybe you could contact him and let him sell it to a dealer and have them do a transfer for you. Just a suggestion. Trying to help. Oakie
    edited November -1
    I just Googled what you were looking for and it was the first thing that came up. All his info is there. my printer is down or I would get it for you. Not good at posting the info from another web sight. Sorry. Oakie
    edited November -1
    Apparently I'm not good at googling, the first thing I come up with is a listing from Cabelas for a rifle that was sold 2 years ago. I do appreciate you trying to help, but so far I still can't find any info for the seller in California. Thanks OAKIE Maybe you could just e-mail the info, rgrimes8@cfl.rr.com thanks quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I just Googled what you were looking for and it was the first thing that came up. All his info is there. my printer is down or I would get it for you. Not good at posting the info from another web sight. Sorry. Oakie
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry to have lost touch with Oakie, I was hoping he'd have that info for the guy with the Browning BBR
    edited November -1
    I am here. I think it is sold. I don't see it anymore. I will keep looking for you. I am a 243 collector, so I won't forget and that is why i came back to check. I am always on the general discussion forum every day. I looked a few days after I posted to you and it was gone. We will find one. Oakie
    edited November -1
    Great to be back in contact with you, I believe, if I ever do find 1 it will be because of your help. Thanks Oakie
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I am here. I think it is sold. I don't see it anymore. I will keep looking for you. I am a 243 collector, so I won't forget and that is why i came back to check. I am always on the general discussion forum every day. I looked a few days after I posted to you and it was gone. We will find one. Oakie
    edited November -1
    I'll be working out of town for a couple of months, but will still be able to monitor the forum. Maybe I'll find my BBR in .243 there.
  • spacecowboy44spacecowboy44 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have one in my hand 863 289 7493
  • spacecowboy44spacecowboy44 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rifle is now for sale on GunBroker