In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9.5 x 57 Mannlicher-Schoenauer dies and brass

6.5west6.5west Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Looking for loading dies, case forming die and brass for 9.5 x 57 Mannlicher-Schoenauer, aka 9.5 x 56, 375 Rimless N.E. 2 1/4" (NOT 9.3). Also interested in chambering reamer, etc. for this caliber. What do you have packed in the closet that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years? I know I can still buy these new but would like to save money by buying used and help someone out along the way with $, Christmas is coming up and I can help.

Comments

• Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can neck up cases from 8x57; if hard to chamber after that, force bolt closed on primed case and fire - this will set back shoulder. All this w/o dies (actually did this, 35 years ago).
  • Options
    6.5west6.5west Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reforming brass or necking up 8x57 is pretty easy, I have made quite a few wildcats over the years. I am looking for a set of dies and a reamer, proper head stamped brass would be nice but is not necessary. The reamer and dies can be ordered new from many manufacturers but I would like to save some money. Still looking.

Tony