In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smart meters to track activities

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in Politics
The article states it's for dementia patients but you can bet law enforcement will use it on on investigations after all it's too big of a technology to ignore for your safety and protection!

serf

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6663779/Dementia-patients-tracked-smart-meters-doctors-monitor-sudden-changes.html

The smart meters involved in the dementia study can monitor patients? energy use every ten seconds. They will be connected to a central computer system which will learn patients? daily routines, such as when they normally use certain electrical appliances.

Any sudden changes ? such as not boiling the kettle at the same time each morning or turning lights on in the middle of the night ? will trigger an alert.

Dr Carl Chalmers, of Liverpool John Moores University, who is leading the trial, said the devices had ?huge potential? to improve dementia patients? lives.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got one of those out of 3 meters.....and read how by the pattern they can tell what is on or off in your place...and the FKN chinese meter numbers fade out in the sun so YOU CANNOT READ your own meter ...filed complaints enuff they brought out another meter (used) and i even put a plastic bucket over it and it the digits still disappeared after a month......may have to file a complaint with the state corp commission to get anything fixed
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    electricity can be shut off or turn on the push of a button it has been done to some one i know paid with CC within a minit it was on[}:)]
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    electricity can be shut off or turn on the push of a button it has been done to some one i know paid with CC within a minit it was on[}:)]

So let say law enforcement wants to raid your house for an arrest so all they do is coordinate it with the power company and presto no electricity.

The government can herd the sheeple in many ways and it's only getting more tools to be more invasive at will to instill their discipline over us.

Our representatives in Congress or state houses won't lift a finger to protect the public from their invasion tentacles either. Bet on it! More & more laws with restrictions and controls grows every day to seize their power over us.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

serf
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this whiz bang meter is at our lake place ..and i PREPAY several months in advance ...for years....SO if they shut off my meter for some screwup and everything freezes up and is damaged in the cold winter how the hell do i prove it was their screw-up ????...had a big argument with a young jr bozo at that REA office and he finally told me YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ YOUR OWN METER...BOOM!!!!!...thats when i told him my next call was to the state CORP COMM to file a complaint and then a lawyers office to make a big public case out of it....3 days later they put in the 2nd crap meter that numbers faded out in 30 days....i was so pizzed i just walked away ...supposed to go over there to get away from the usual stupid CHIT like this..may get this lakeside place sold soon