In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Score.. AC units

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Yes I know it is cold however service man is changing out ac and furnaces in a large apartment complex. AC outside condensers are 2 yrs old but new owner wants all changed out. I will get around 100 or more of them free of charge. Looks like when it gets hot I will be selling and helping him get work to install them.

Comments

• droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The american way, make hay while the sun shines or fix air conditioners while it's cold, sell em' when it hot.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bravo....i always wondered about rigging a few of these in a ground water loop for summer cooling ...shallow water table here in a general ESE flow... thot about a small horse power water pump and larger cfm fan connected into home ducting ...current high efficiency AC unit uses a lot higher freon pressure system than i have ever had before ....just barnyard idea ???
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the voltage on them first. They may very well be marked
    265 volt, which is the single line rating of a motor on a 277/480v circuit.
    Only good in high voltage buildings, not residential 120/240v.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My AC man is way on top of voltage. Some 2.0, or 2.5 ton high eff. Perfect for rentals, or smaller homes. Just a few 3 ton. He has no where to put them.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    use the larger coils to run the groundwater thru and discharge it back into the groundwater down stream ....low pressure cool water thru with a flow rate enuff to keep coils cool with fan at volume to circulate house ??? years ago i helped do a topo survey inside a gypsum mine/ no water involved...a constant 58* temp that just sucked the heat out of your body ...can't remember about vent fans but they ran big loaders inside so must have been some to keep exhaust from building up...
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years back, I had the same deal and now I have a few of the combo AC/heater units.

They work great heating and cooling my garage when I'm out there working on one of my vehicles...
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    SCORE!!![8D][8D][8D]