In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Air Friers

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
We got a small one and it does great on Krispy fries and great Hot wings/
Very impressed with ours and still trying different things A+ A+

Comments

• JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, I even tried a steak and it worked great. works good on fish, and especially chicken.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't have one, so I can't comment. But I'd love to hear more about them...
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

I got a Nuwave at the first of Dec. : I use it on a regular basis : Really like it , need to remember to watch & Not Over cook items !

Glad Ive got it : cook in it bout 50% of the time , matter of fact , thinking of doing Pork Chops in it tonite !

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
    edited November -1
    To my way of thinking you dont have to spend top dollar for one. The most expensive only has more bells and whistles than a cheaper one. Hot air cooks the same in either. All you really need is a timer and temp setting. You can open it up and look at or test what you are cooking and close it up and continue cooking, not like a pressure cooker. If you get one too complicated, you will tend to use it less.
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Don't have one, so I can't comment. But I'd love to hear more about them...

Link has hundreds of pictures sorted by different brands, stores, prices range down to $20 bucks, maybe less.
    https://tinyurl.com/Air-Fryers

Can probably Click all day.[:D] fixed it.

Think I'll buy one, I take it overseas and call it Aire freidora m?gico. If it's not easy to clean it won't last long.
    edited November -1
    Cleans very easy, parts that get dirty can even be put in dish washer.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got one a little over half the size of a microwave. It has racks that you can cook porkchops,chicken, steak, sausage, bacon or whatever. It also has a basket that revolves for fries or okra. Okra is superb.. no oil.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that is all I heard from my wife 2 years ago. that she wanted one for Christmas.
    well I got her one. she used it twice. it now resides on a shelf in the basement[xx(]
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    OK! Do these new gadgets really cook chicken crispy? If so, I'll be needing more kitchen space for all that reside here now!

I may have to retire my Vego Matic, Ronco Bass-O Matic, along with the Wiener Skinner to make some room![:D][:p]
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since we've already almost derailed...

Air Friar sounds like the head monk at the Michael Jordan Monastery.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    OK! Do these new gadgets really cook chicken crispy? If so, I'll be needing more kitchen space for all that reside here now!

I may have to retire my Vego Matic, Ronco Bass-O Matic, along with the Wiener Skinner to make some room![:D][:p]

Air fryer oven. Not one of those cheap gadgets that just does fries. You bet, Batter it up and best chicken ever. Just make sure the drip tray is in the bottom of the oven. Frozen battered okra is awesome.
  • sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although my wife is the most techno-challenged person on the planet, the "add to cart" button seems to work just fine on her phone, tablet or laptop! (end of rant)
    A Paula Deen air fryer showed up on our doorstep last week and, while it's way too small for a rotisserie chicken, it has been cranking out fries, french toast, twice baked potatoes, apple turnovers, etc, etc nonstop.
    Now, I need a good recipe for buffalo wings for the Puppy Bowl this Sunday.
    Any suggestions?
    Arrivederci gigi
    edited November -1
    To make chicken more chrispy dust it with a little baking soda.