In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Favorite genre of music

2»

Comments

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up and came of age in the 60s to early 70s. Love the classic rock from that time and country . Today?s country ain?t country but there are a few performers who still sing real country they are just few and far between and struggle for air time . Forgot to mention I love bluegrass!
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    contemporary Christian. You get the guitar and drums, with a good message. The Sidewalk Prophets are my favorite.

I forgot to add that on my list...I do listen to a lot of it. Especially when the kids are in the car. Don't have to worry about hitting the tuner button if something inappropriate comes on.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pulsarnc
    Grew up and came of age in the 60s to early 70s. Love the classic rock from that time and country . Today?s country ain?t country but there are a few performers who still sing real country they are just few and far between and struggle for air time . Forgot to mention I love bluegrass!

Agreed! My favorite modern day country singer is Jamey Johnson...he has some great songs and an old sound.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No specific genre, more band/singer specific.

Two favorite groups are Little Feat and Grateful Dead.

Enjoy The Jefferson Airplane, Crosby, Stills and Nash, AD/DC, Nazareth, Oak Ridge Boys, Kingston Trio, Styx, CCR, Fleetwood Mac, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, Mood Blues, Eagles, David Allen Coe, Allman Brothers, Joe Walsh, Vivaldi, Prince, Boston Pops, Tchaikovsky, though there are many more.

As far as a non band specific genre, it would be Bluegrass.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    I have a great respect for a talented musician. No, wait, respect may not be the proper word. It may be more like envy. I have always wished I had some of that talent. I know it must take loads of practice and of coarse one must at least have an ear for music. I have just a little and have never taken the time to become proficient at playing an instrument very well.

I was never any good at telling jokes either, but I am probably the best listener and my laugh out scores most in a crowd![:D] It takes a good fan to make any of our best musicians (and comedians) to become relevant.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by patt7638
    Classical

My wife asked kids in her class if they like classical must.

Their answer was yes we like the Beatles.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SW0320
    quote:Originally posted by patt7638
    Classical

My wife asked kids in her class if they like classical must.

Their answer was yes we like the Beatles.

[:D][:D]
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something along the lines of this:
    [^]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlF4rhAbwyc
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    40s Big Band, Blues, especially Delta Blues, Listened to a lot of folk in my youth, but now only Dylan occasionally and some Baez. Bob Seager, a bunch of 70's rock and country rock like Poco and Eagles. Jazz, especially Brubeck, Davis, Coltrane and Bird. Classical.

When I make road trips I prefer MP3 Audio Books.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a lot of you don't like the Ted Nugent, but if your driving, I like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sBPSwO0vR8
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'