In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for Steyr GB Owners

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Ask the Experts
I'm picking up a Steyr GB next week - LNIB in the box with all the extras. My latest GB purchase and that the seller is only a few miles away from me makes it nice and easy. At least by CA standards anyway.

GB magazines are about $200.00 a pop. As some may know a company named Rogak 1st rolled out (very poorly) the GB pistol only to stop due to quality control issues. Question is - do Rogak magazines work in the Steyr GB? I have a source for them. They're not exactly cheap, but they ain't +$200.00 a copy.

Comments

• hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've had both magazines thru the shop and although these look the same there is enough differences that they won't interchange. To wide at the top to insert all the way and the way the lock in is different.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.

I'm being told and viewed on "Forgotten Weapons" that the reason the Rogak won't insert is a metal tab on the bottom rear edge of the magazine. Most likely there to facilitate the heel style release. I'm thinking that can be removed and a GB style release cut into the side of the magazine.