In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Confiscation has started in New Zealand

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
NZ Confiscations Begin: Police Going to Gun Owners? Homes, Jobs?One Gun Owner Dead

by Luis Valdes |

Mar 27, 2019 |

198 comments

Armed New Zealand police officers (AP Photo/Vincent Thian)

According to members of New Zealand?s largest firearm forum, Kiwi police are starting to go to gun owners? places of employment, homes, and even visiting gun ranges in an attempt to gather information and get gun owners to relinquish their firearms.

Read more here.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/luis-valdes/nz-confiscations-begin-police-going-to-gun-owners-homes-jobs-one-gun-owner-dead/
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the left is going to use NZ as an example and say "see, it works. They can be confiscated."

If they try that here in the IS, I fear that it will not happen peacefully.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Coming soon to the USA if the DEMOCRATs ever gain control.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they try it here. They will emulate NZ and the Aussies in what seemed to work down under...

Things here may be quite different if in fact it ever occurs.
    "What is truth?'
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:

I fear that the Dems are gaining ground in the US. If not thru valid voting, then thru recounts until enough dem votes are "found." And when that happens, we're in deep kimchi...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:

Ever gain control? There's one in the White House and a majority in the HOR.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would buy a ticket to watch'em try to do that in East Tennessee. Talk about entertainment. :lol::lol::lol:

Here's the way they took care of tyranny in the government at the Battle of Athens, Tennessee back in 1946. This film clip is followed by some actual pictures of the people and the city of Athens.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw&t=18s
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screw N Zealand. They can take care of their own business. Not interested.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would buy a ticket to watch'em try to do that in East Tennessee. Talk about entertainment. :lol::lol::lol:

Here's the way they took care of tyranny in the government at the Battle of Athens, Tennessee back in 1946. This film clip is followed by some actual pictures of the people and the city of Athens.

When it happens here more than likely they will have put a cashless society into place first and with one stroke of the keyboard, you will be unable to buy or sell anything with anybody. They know those die-hards here have to eat eventually. :x They will probably will have foreign U.N. troops in the country too. No cash is a game changer for any rebellion regardless of what is right or wrong.

serf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-APgs165w0
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a true statement found in the comment thread to that story. It will apply here as well by and large.

"Natural instincts make you do whatever is necessary to survive, not to fight for an object that you cannot eat. This has been displayed by humans from many nations/kingdoms throughout the world over many centuries. Very few men will ever fight for what is right and justice at their own expense and the women will jump in the arms of whomever wins."
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    Here is a true statement found in the comment thread to that story. It will apply here as well by and large.

"Natural instincts make you do whatever is necessary to survive, not to fight for an object that you cannot eat. This has been displayed by humans from many nations/kingdoms throughout the world over many centuries. Very few men will ever fight for what is right and justice at their own expense and the women will jump in the arms of whomever wins."

I dunno. It's true you can't eat a gun, but with the gun you can get food.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can only hope with 50 to 60 million gun owners ( but no one really knows ) even if 1/4 or 1/2 would stick together to disagree with having there gun(s)taken will not be a good time in history of the USA
    I would also think that many could feed and take care of needs of the group one way or another
  • Mr. CoffeeMr. Coffee Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have no 2nd amendment rights like we do to defend themselves so they have very little choice but to bow........but we do have the 2nd to defend us.....and we must defend it too ;)
    I spell it with a "C" like the drink
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dunno. It's true you can't eat a gun, but with the gun you can get food.
    Of course you can, and I'm not saying that everyone will take the view in the comment I posted,.....just that I unfortunately believe that MOST will.

Hopefully we won't have to find out who will bow, and who will stand.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • gp52555gp52555 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone I know personaly and have discussed the issue says they will not turn in their guns. If push comes to shove, will they? Don't think I will know for sure until the time comes. I am certain that if enough do not comply the attempt at confiscation will fail. I pray that it never comes to that.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess they got the gun owner's address over there. I guess I'm not too far being that I'm in California. I reckon about 10 years before they come a kicking my door.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gp52555 wrote:
    fullsizeoutput_40.JPEG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LIKE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Not to mention Extreme NE TN/W NC. Whole different ballgame here.

Better bring your Lunch. :lol:
  • pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Viva la Revolucion!!!
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    That won't work in rural Texas. Casualties would be high.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its a universal thing that hunters and sportsman will not give up thier right to keep and bear arms. Bearing arms is already a problem in many areas. The 2nd amendment here is constantly being eroded by left wing nuts. Pity the fools in NZ who buy into this knee jerk reaction.
    "What is truth?'