In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Work Stuff !!!!

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
OK :::

Got a call this morning : (from supervisor) @ work :

We are 'short handed' : Again & still ???

Looks like I will be working 44 to 48 hours the next few weeks (from 32) :::

OK : Wow !!! Mo $$$ for me ! just dont like the hours :::::

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Are you for real? Don
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

OK : Wow !!! Mo $$$ for me ! just dont like the hours :::::

You poor thing having to work all those hours. :lol::lol:
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A long time ago, I worked 71 straight 12 hour days while getting a new manufacturing plant operational. Went to my boss and told him I was taking the next day off. He told me he wouldn't approve it. I told him that I wasn't ASKING for the day off, just letting him know I would not be there the next day. I came in THREE days later and asked if I was fired. He told me to just go to work. I never worked more than 10 days in a row again.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked 60-80 hour 7 day work weeks for decades. There was no overtime and often I lost money so I have ZERO empathy for anyone who's working long hours for pay. Sorry, that's just the way it is.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will those additional hours qualify you for benefits?
    "What is truth?'
  • jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have worked for myself for 31 years doing all types of floor coverings in all types of residential ,commercial . I would welcome a 45 hour week. And then I would still have to go to the office ( home) and spend a few more hours figuring bids so I can have work for the next few weeks. I am sorry you have it so tough! on an average week me and my boys will put in 55-60 hours , and I still put in those office hours. surely you will make ok.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 61 years old I find my willingness to work long hours at my job are over. Life is too short to spend long hours at a job. However, when working for hourly pay when younger (until I owed my own business) long hours were fine. I had the energy and desire to gain the money earned by working long hours, taking weekend call and working as much as I could.

I suppose the passing years made a big difference in the hours I found acceptable to devote to a job. Of course as a business owner my hours were never counted or considered, it is what the Company needed to continue to grow and keep payroll covered while earning a profit for the Company that were the driving forces.

It all depends on your station in life and energy levels that dictate what is too many hours to work.
  • BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was working once where there was a special event going on that required a skill set that apparently I was the only one that had. I started at 5:30am and continued until 10:30pm the following day. HR came up to me about 9:30am of day 2 to ask what my clock out time was for the previous day and she about fainted when I told her I would let her know when it happened. I think my boss got an earful after that.