In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vintage Winchester 52 22LR NO RESERVE! Shameless Plug!

gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You suck...

Mine is better in every way.

But I don't have your gun in its rather rare and limited obscure configuration...

I don't have one with most likely Pete Edwards inspired or installed unertl marked aluminum international spec pistol grip estuchion

I see art Cook's influence all over your gun starting with the trigger shoe.

Unertl scope bases and a raised / padded leather cheek piece

Burton influenced patent designs...

I see something special even if only because it's survived in "day two" configuration

Mike
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the education Mike.
    Hopefully someone comes along that knows what they are looking at. I'm not a target rifle guyat all. I've had this for a while, and just think its time for it to find a new home.
    The 52's are remarkable rifles for sure!
    Maybe someone will show up and realize what an opportunity it is to get a chance to own one!
    Hope you're feeling good.
    Thanks again,
    Ed
    And yes, I do suck!
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ed, that one was made in 1935, 3,011 made that year.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very cool. I'll be watching it...
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
    edited November -1
    TRAP55 wrote:
    Ed, that one was made in 1935, 3,011 made that year.
    Thanks Trap.
    It's a nice old rifle that is sitting a cool penny!!
    One bid 1 cent!!
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd just tease myself, I know what it's worth. A 52 has been on my bucket list for a long time, but my bank account isn't as big as my list.
    My last purchase here was a pair of old .22's that Kasey dug out of the back of the safe. Calif doesn't have to ban guns, just getting them transferred has done that. Trying to find an FFL that would receive and transfer took months, the only one to return my calls wanted $240 total, more than I paid for the guns, shipping included! The the new standard for the DROS is the letter from the Calif DOJ saying it's "Delayed" and/or "Undetermined". Pay the $180 for a fingerprint livescan, and we might approved it. I have a CDL with a Haz-Mat endorsement. I can haul explosives into a military base, but can't get a single shot .22 transferred? And I have livescan on file with the state and feds for the license. If it stays Undetermined for 30 days, it's at the FFL'S discretion to release it, most won't and don't tell you that up front. Then you have to DROS it all over again.
    FFL that did it for me turned out to be a pastor from the church I go to. He did it for $120, $40 of that was for the trigger locks I had to buy, and a test for a Firearms Safety certificate. "Expired" hunting license wasn't proof. :roll: Joseph Stalin would be proud.
    Short of it, I took possession on 3/20, 5 MONTHS after I bought them! I won't be buying any guns in this state anymore....not legally anyhow. ;)
    edited November -1
    How about it!
    2 bids and 26 cents!
    Wth? Someone really bid a penny? And expected it? Or?
    Crazy........so funny to watch!
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The auction ends on my birthday at almost the time I was born . Going to have to put this on my watch list
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
    edited November -1
    How about it!
    2 bids and 26 cents!
    Hey now! I was the penny bid, just my way of watching it. Trust me, it ain?t selling for 26 cents!! But I have been called crazy before...
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
    edited November -1
    badchris wrote:
    How about it!
    2 bids and 26 cents!
    Hey now! I was the penny bid, just my way of watching it. Trust me, it ain?t selling for 26 cents!! But I have been called crazy before...

Haha
    I was just laughing at it!
    I found it entertaining!
    Thanks!!
    edited November -1
    All good, and glws. ;)
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot against that rifle during the early 70's!!!

Just kidding, but there were many 52's done up like that for NRA matches. They held their own against our much more expensive model 54 and 64 Anshutzes.

The Winny 52 heavy barrel guns were always great shooters.
    :D
    edited November -1
    IMHO...

Should be in the $1000.00 ball park

Mike
    edited November -1
    IMHO...

Should be in the $1000.00 ball park

Mike

Wow......I wasn't thinking that much at all.
    Its at $300.00 now, with a lot of views and watchers. I'm guessing somewhere between $400.00 and $600.00.
    I hope you're right, Mike!!
    Only one day left!
    Still free shipping to any forum member!
    edited November -1
    You could not build that gun today for that little amount of money...

It will outshoot any modern anshutz or feinwerkbau or Cooper and has some interesting and little seen transitional elements - a classic platform that draws my attention...

Oh if guns could talk - of one could talk to the man who used it in its prime / it's it's era

I am an aficionado and stands out in a crowd.

Mike
    edited November -1

It will outshoot any modern anshutz or feinwerkbau or Cooper and has some interesting and little seen transitional elements - a classic platform that draws my attention...

Oh if guns could talk - of one could talk to the man who used it in its prime / it's it's era

Mike
    I agree Mike

I would really love to know the background and history of this old rifle.
    I sure do wish it could tell us its story.........
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would of guessed more than what it brought. :(
    edited November -1
    Over 800 views and 51 watchers.
    I think if it had some sort of sights/scope it would have gone considerably higher.
    Thanks for the support.......
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Mike

Sorry Mike,
    That gun will not out shoot a mid to high end Anshutz.
    I have had 2 winny 52's and 4 different Anshutz's {depending on which NRA match I was shooting in at that time}.
    The 52's were a great shooting gun, but they were stepping stones to the real competition guns made for indoor and biathlon shooting matches.