In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The word 'Cyclist',,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
edited March 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem. Henceforth, cyclists shall be referred to as "speed bumps". :twisted:
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Why can?t they ride on the sidewalks like we did as kids?
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:

they identify as a vehicle,,
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never called them "cyclists" in the first place, I've always loving referred to them as "Those sons of bitches".
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Except when it comes to traffic laws like stop signs- then the rules don?t apply. They are the worst examples of double standards Ive ever seen.
    montanajoe wrote:
    jimdeere wrote:

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you mean the spandex mafia??
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    Except when it comes to traffic laws like stop signs- then the rules don?t apply. They are the worst examples of double standards Ive ever seen.
    montanajoe wrote:
    jimdeere wrote:

Absolutely agree
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:

Where I live they do, and in the street. They also feel red lights don't apply to them. As a biker myself (BMW) I figure if I want to be treated with the respect due any vehicle, I had better obey the laws. Well except maybe the speed limit laws.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live on a road designated as a cyclist scenic route.

Needless to say I am not a cyclist lover.
    RLTW

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of them make me want to throw a broomstick into their front wheel.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The media is adept at demonizing someone or something by its use of words.
    So this really makes perfect sense. What's next?

"Criminals should instead be called ?people who commit crimes? because the former term is dehumanising, experts have claimed.

An academic study in Australia found that there is a link between the dehumanisation of criminals and acts of aggression they face from other road users.

Researchers said that criminals have been conceptualised as a minority group and being ?not completely human?, which they claim makes them likelier targets."
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like the word Gunner...

Gunner is offensive to some.
    "What is truth?'
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    montanajoe wrote:
    jimdeere wrote:

Agree
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sure it is only me, and I know I am probably being insensitive, but I think as a society we have gotten just a tiny bit too sensitive. These days almost anything is 'bullying'. Posting on line a photo of a kid in the gym shower is not bulling, it is criminal invasion of privacy, mommy should not be involve, the police should be. Taking a kids lunch or calling him fatty is bullying, and as far as I can tell there has only ever been one way to deal with and stop a bully. Mommy need not be involved.

While we may glorify the outlaws of mythic tales spun around killers and criminals like Billy the kid and Jesse James, criminals are criminals. Honestly, and I know it is wrong, their feelings don't really matter to me much at all.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    montanajoe wrote:
    jimdeere wrote:

By law the rules of a motor vehicle applies to a bicycle in my state. And I believe in a lot of other states too.

Although very few follow-up them. Anymore it's getting to be that very few people in a vehicle follow them either
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STUPID comes to mind ...expecting a right of way over a limit speed car or a loaded semi ????? around the east side at our lake place is a state highway....it is short humpy little hills and the national bike ride across America goes this route..blacktop is standard two lane with deep ditches at the edge and several times i have come over to see a lone rider or team with a trailing van with flashers at 5-10 ?? mph and had to smoke brakes to shut down...no where else to go......and even with a 60 mph speed limit just asking for trouble... but have met some in the little town on the north side of the lake and had interesting visits when they were stopped for rest or eats
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're not to bad around here except at the time of the year when the Tour de France is on TV. Then those skinny spandex wearing SOB's think they're actually in the race and the whole road should be theirs.