In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Really bad new neighbor problem

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Well guys- this is I believe a first for the Gunbroker forums.

As ya?ll may know- I have moved from Dallas to Orlando. Its been a few months and we close on the new house Monday.

We did all the things you might look for- good schools, low crime, easy commute to work, etc.

Great house- and we are very happy with it.

Long story short my new neighbor is a guy with the last name Grayson. He is from NYC, a Harvard educated lawyer, who has been a democrat elected to the Florida house until the liberals thought he was too progressive and ran him off. Now he is trying to get his new wife into office.

I dont mean we are in the same town.
I dont mean we are in the same neighborhood.
I mean his house is immediately next to mine.

Quite literally everything I hold as a political value- he has great contempt for.

http://thecapitolist.com/alan-grayson-just-wont-go-away/

Comments

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lucky you. :mrgreen::D
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can always tell a Harvard man but you can't tell him much.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have met Alan Grayson

You have my condolences
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always remeber he is special...
    "What is truth?'
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Live your life.......let him live his ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other then grayson it is a good neighbor hood
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have choices,........deal with it, or move.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    Fence
    taller fence
    wall

You have your life,and so many good things about it. Don't let him bring you down. Be civil,is all you have to do. Best wishes.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to bad no backyard shooting range :twisted:
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally don't see the problem, what difference does it make what his political views are? As long as he doesn't try to tell you how to live your life, and you don't try to tell him how to live his life there shouldn't be a problem. Just keep your political views to yourself

If he harasses you for the way that you live your life in a legal way, sue him for harassment.

But I truly don't think it should matter what his political views are when it comes to getting along with him as a neighbor, as long as you both don't break the law

And I haven't seen any place that you wrote that he has been causing a problem. The only problem I see is that you don't like his political affiliation, which in my opinion means that you are the problem not him. Just remember you don't have to think his wife is Beautiful, but don't tell him she's ugly, and if he does the same thing you guys shouldn't have a problem at all
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too early for a Trump 2020 sign in the front yard? mark your territory.....
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quite literally everything I hold as a political value- he has great contempt for.

That seems fair, everything he is you hold contempt for, and so does everyone you know.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think of it as an opportunity to educate, though it might feel a bit like tryin' to teach a blonde to play chess...
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know who that guy is and he is a full blown Libtard!

I hope you don't have a HOA or some other crap he can subvert.
    RLTW

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet he's on facebook telling all his snowflake friends about the redneck, gun nut, NRA member that's moved in next door to him. :D
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think of it as an opportunity to educate, though it might feel a bit like tryin' to teach a blonde to play chess...

One of the funniest post ever... add the last word..Naked..
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, agree with Remingtonoaks, just live your life and respect his life. If there is an issue then take to the court. If not 'kick his *" out behind the barn. ;)
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a bad idea to even think about taking an attorney to court. A good attorney is $200 +++ per hour. You neighbors time is FREE along with his "butties" on the bench giving a helping hand.