In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No sense giving free cash/aide if their folks are here.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO MORE Mr Nice guy and I support it since reports are saying ICE is releasing hundreds of Illegals each day in the US since our detention centers are full.

Enforce our laws and build the wall and Mandatory E-Verify since No country can survive open borders and welfare.
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder what took him so long? Would have been better a while back and the U.S. might have hundreds of thousands less illegals from Central America crossing our border.

The ones from South American fly in with passports / visas and overstay but that is getting more difficult.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TooBig wrote:
    NO MORE Mr Nice guy and I support it since reports are saying ICE is releasing hundreds of Illegals each day in the US since our detention centers are full.

Enforce our laws and build the wall and Mandatory E-Verify since No country can survive open borders and welfare.

YES YES YES. I'm tired of playing the "nice guy, come on in,we'll take care of you" roll with my tax dollars. Take control of your own country's. Or stay the hell out.!!!!!!!!
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When my mother's parents AND my father's parents came to America, they did it by the book. Went thru quarantines, paper work, waiting in lines, interviews, the works. They worked their asssssess off in NYC, building the city.

They were "givers", not "takers".

They did it because they want one thing......to become Americans.

Is it just me, or do I see most of the immigrants of today, just wanting to reap the rewards of American life without adding something to the pot???
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EXACTLY KERRECT.......U are OWED ,,, get ALL u deserve...illegals entry poster....BS.....the $$$$ of covering their costs here is staggering....so turn em all back at the line and spend that money on fixing up OUR country.......
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We should pull ALL forigen aid, I mean every last dollar.

Then let the country's come to us and have a legitimate plan on what they need and how it will be used, then follow up and if they do or say bad things about us or not follow their plan for the money, we pull the plug for 3 years no questions asked and no early reprieve also have some tariffs activated.

BUT

The problem is the DoS is full of wussys and libtards. I know I worked for them.
    RLTW

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    That'll last until Monday when the liberals files for a injunction to stop him from doing so :(
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    We should pull ALL forigen aid, I mean every last dollar.

Then let the country's come to us and have a legitimate plan on what they need and how it will be used, then follow up and if they do or say bad things about us or not follow their plan for the money, we pull the plug for 3 years no questions asked and no early reprieve also have some tariffs activated.

BUT

The problem is the DoS is full of wussys and libtards. I know I worked for them.

I heartily agree.

We should not be giving our $$ away, here or abroad.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the idea...

But if it's 2016 & 2017 money that hasn't been spent, why are we even thinking about sending it?
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gallup Latin American Poll Shows 42 Million Want to Move to U.S.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Back when we were propping up stooge governments headed by puppets like Duarte (El Salvador), Montt (Guatemala), and C?rdova (Honduras), I could see the point of sending aid down there. Hell, Cordova accepted U.S. troops and allowed the construction and expansion of US funded military bases for training of Salvadoran troops aligned with the Contras. Unfortunately we just can't buy lackeys of this quality any longer, so why bother handing out money?
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back when we were propping up stooge governments headed by puppets like Duarte (El Salvador), Montt (Guatemala), and C?rdova (Honduras), I could see the point of sending aid down there. Hell, Cordova accepted U.S. troops and allowed the construction and expansion of US funded military bases for training of Salvadoran troops aligned with the Contras. Unfortunately we just can't buy lackeys of this quality any longer, so why bother handing out money?

I have several close Ranger Brothers that have spent extensive time down there. (An unreported War, Men lost.)
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would'nt you could call it political extortion money. Who ever was the latest leader new that just by saying that communism was on the way would get all the cash and training, arms that they wanted. Then we would train his personal army to protect or assassinate him when they did not conform. Great system
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "That'll last until Monday when the liberals files for a injunction to stop him from doing so "

Exactly true - my understanding is that it has to go through congress. The Democrats will put a screaming halt to it .It won't happen while the democrats control congress. They will tell everybody that if we pull that aid we will be helping starve those poor people and even more will head for the US. They won't tell you that those countries don't use the money to help their people , it all goes into the pockets of their elite.