In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AdamsQuailHunter

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I received my ramps in the mail, and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate them... And you.

You are a man amongst men.

Thank you so much

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Sir.

Having received multiple mailings from him, I would agree.

A Stellar individual. Much appreciated Sir.
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the above.
    Every one of the ramps that he sent me are going great and every one has sent up a shoot with a bulb on top of it, now, I don't know what the heck that means as these are the first ramps I've ever seen but they seem to be thriving.

Thanks again Sir.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello :"Remington" & "84Bravo" - my pleasure "Remington" to send you the wild garlic - "ramps" - below the Mason-Dixon Line. My brothers - both - you took the same three obligations I did - you both know about - "towards all mankind".

"bullshot" - that stalk will produce "bulblets" - if you let them mature - about 25% them will take root and grow if placed in a fine growth medium and later transplanted when they are about 4-6 inches tall. But be aware - what started out as a 10X10 foot space can become 100 acres in a few years if not controlled - "that's called using them in some way"

Best Regards - AQH
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello :"Remington" & "84Bravo" - my pleasure "Remington" to send you the wild garlic - "ramps" - below the Mason-Dixon Line. My brothers - both - you took the same three obligations I did - you both know about - "towards all mankind".

Best Regards - AQH

Yes we did take those obligations, but I for one believe you exemplify them

Thank you again for the ramp starters, and thank you again for being such a good man and a great example of the Masonic brotherhood
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

I received the 'ramps' the other day : planted them in a 5 gallon bucket full of potting soil , put in a few plant sticks , set on front deck , has been rained on a few times : Looks like bout 15 or so have taken hold ? Now they have a "bulb" looking things on the tops ??? Now what ??? Im trying to figure out where to transplant here on my property ???

Please explain these things more ?????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not knowing anything about these, and to add on top, we're still getting frost at night, I'm going to try the bucket trick.

I haven't gotten my garden ready yet. Really slacking.

But I have a lot of dirt lurking around, a bunch of 3 gallon buckets, and a care package from Mr quailhunter.

I can bring them in at night, set em out during the day, and actually get a spot ready

Thanks all!
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello All: As the plant matures during the growing season - the "ramps" - wild garlic - will produce a stalk that is thicker and taller than the leaves/blades. At the top it will make flowers and "bulblets". When the "bulblets" start producing green leaves/blades/little-green-shoots - I have picked some off - stuck a hole in the ground - and buried the "bulblet" part, leaving the little-green-shoots above ground. Usually about 1 in 5-6 have sprouted for me and produced a plant. I have never tried putting then in separate compartments of a seed germinating tray and covering them with a commercial germinating mix or potting soil mix to see if I could get a better success rate. You might try that just to see what happens. I have more than I can really do anything with so I never bothered trying for a greater success rate.

If you don't want to fool with the "bulblets" - you can always smash them like a clove of garlic and put them in the place you cut open in your whole pork loin along with the orange slices and fresh rosemary sprigs.

Best Regards - AQH