In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BIG problems with NRA

gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
Will have to get more of the details but a BIG shakeup of the leadership with accusations of misconduct flying in all directions. North is OUT & making accusations of his own against Lapierre.

Comments

• Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I read it,
    North won't run again for another run as president, accusing La Parrie (sorry can't spell his name) of misuse of NRA funds and the just announced law suit against their long term public relations company.

Oh well, maybe it's time for a change of policy/ upper management.

Did go to the convention yesterday, didn't see Pres. Trump, but did see VP Pence giving his speech via big screen . Great crowd of gun people, many . many * Secret Service Surbans parked/driving around. Actually had a great time other than the walking, my ankles and hips just don't like concrete floors anymore.

Bought a book from Sammy Davis, a Congressional Medal of Honor, resipient from 1968. I'm the one that was humbled.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have met Sammy a few times. He is a class act and a true hero. I have a signed photo of him.
    RLTW

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    North called out Wayne LaPeierre on his bloated expense account and other issues. North asked LaPierre to retire or face exposure for his overreach of power. Unfortunatly LaPierre is planning on staying and North plans to expose him and leave as president after his term is up.

Hopeing the housecleaning thats been a long time coming will occur, So the NRA will return to its core values.
    "What is truth?'
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HOLD THE PRESSES

NRA fighting the NRA? Why such haters? Shouldn't we all be getting along?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    President Trump
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I am tired of getting emails from them telling me if I do not send them money they are going bankrupt
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I am tired of getting emails from them telling me if I do not send them money they are going bankrupt

That's nothing new, crying bankruptcy, it's been going on for decades......more than a few decades too ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmm.....very interesting.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the things LaPierre spent money on wait for it.....$200,000 on clothing and then sent the bill to a vendor. That is just part of what North is accusing LaPierre of. I have been blasted by people for calling out LaPierre and the NRA for being nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. You also have to understand North is an employee of Ackerman McQueen and if AckMac really wants LaPierre gone they will do it. Keep following the money...all trails lead back to Ackerman McQueen. The NRA board has Zero power and cannot remove LaPierre. LaPierre has to step down or Ackerman McQueen must have him go. After attempted Cincinnati coup back in the ?70?s LaPierre made sure the voting board members would have literally no power. They can?t even change the stationary fonts (that?s from former President Pete Brownell).
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of infighting.

LaPierre has been there too long, makes too much money and they don't take a hard enough stance for gun rights.

The "president" in my opinion is nothing more than the most famous/popular person they can get to act as their spokesman. The person gets paid a huge amount to fund raise and act as the face of the NRA.

In this case Ollie North. Who also is also employed by the person the pr company the NRA hired to handle pr and is embroiled in a huge lawsuit with them . North is taking home a 7 figure from them so he has an enormous conflict of interest.

They are hemorrhaging stupid cash for pr, president, spokesman etc and doing little for strengthening gun rights.

You might not like bump stocks, neither might the NRA board and maybe they would choose to not to support bump stocks but I'm sure we can all agree they shouldn't be campaigning AGAINST them, right? It's just one cog of many where the NRA has come out as against gun rights. Certainly not what I want them using my money for.
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm afraid that loud noise you just heard was several hundred thousand checkbooks slamming shut. We don't need any enemies when we have "friends" like this.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of infighting.

LaPierre has been there too long, makes too much money and they don't take a hard enough stance for gun rights.

The "president" in my opinion is nothing more than the most famous/popular person they can get to act as their spokesman. The person gets paid a huge amount to fund raise and act as the face of the NRA.

In this case Ollie North. Who also is also employed by the person the pr company the NRA hired to handle pr and is embroiled in a huge lawsuit with them . North is taking home a 7 figure from them so he has an enormous conflict of interest.

They are hemorrhaging stupid cash for pr, president, spokesman etc and doing little for strengthening gun rights.

You might not like bump stocks, neither might the NRA board and maybe they would choose to not to support bump stocks but I'm sure we can all agree they shouldn't be campaigning AGAINST them, right? It's just one cog of many where the NRA has come out as against gun rights. Certainly not what I want them using my money for.

Forget about bump stocks, if the 2nd hadn't been infringed in the first place we would not need em. Restore the 2nd, I would love to get a "Tommy" gun. I would also love a fully functioning rifle. ;)
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many of the NRA's problems are more than likely self inflicted.