In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA now infighting for reform. What say NRA haters here?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
OK, now the NRA has a fight going on in an effort to oust overly long-time Ex. VP Wayne LaPierre and because of other problems within the NRA. So...are the NRA haters here at least able to give this latest development AT LEAST A LITTLE APPRECIATION instead of their usual constant condemnation? Probably not, but we shall see

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/27/infighting-on-display-at-nra-as-president-oliver-north-steps-down/23718342/

Comments

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This chance for reflection and audit for the NRA will be good. Infighting in any orgainization in the long run produces change and improvements.
    The culture at the NRA like any other group is lead by the top dogs. My hope is that a true shape up in the form and direction of the NRA is a more traditonal approach to the essentials of gun ownership.

Reform is good. Hate never solved much. With nearly 6 million members watching and waiting the NRA owes them a clean house.
    "What is truth?'
  • ProceramicProceramic Member Posts: 334
    edited April 2019
    tr fox wrote:
    OK, now the NRA has a fight going on in an effort to oust overly long-time Ex. VP Wayne LaPierre and because of other problems within the NRA. So...are the NRA haters here at least able to give this latest development AT LEAST A LITTLE APPRECIATION instead of their usual constant condemnation? Probably not, but we shall see

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/27/infighting-on-display-at-nra-as-president-oliver-north-steps-down/23718342/

Appreciation for what? Trampling the 2a for the last 50 years while raking in millions of dollars from a dumbed down constituency? So because they're "infighting" I should suddenly support them? LMAO,you fudds never cease to amaze me with your endless excuses for supporting an organization that legislates your rights away in order to sell them back to you. Talk is cheap! When they start repealing all of the BS gunlaws they've helped write and enact then I might consider supporting them but until that day 🖕
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    North is out. NRA is not going to fold up and go away... Go President Trump.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, if the NRA went away, what would you haters want instead?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    So, if the NRA went away, what would you haters want instead?

We already have the 2a don't we? Why do I need an organization to protect a god given right that is already recognized in the Constitution? Shall not be infringed ring any bells? Isn't the 2a specifically there as the teeth to guarantee just that? Maybe it's just that a large number of "men" in this country have been neutered to the point that they need someone else to stand up for them?
    edited November -1
    Yes, you have the Second Amendment. But what will you do when the liberals ignore it or redefine it (again) and outlaw gun possession?
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    Yes, you have the Second Amendment. But what will you do when the liberals ignore it or redefine it (again) and outlaw gun possession?

Without being too specific, be a man and except the consequences good or bad. Read into that however you choose. ;)
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Proceramic wrote:
    Rocky Raab wrote:

Without being too specific, be a man and except the consequences good or bad. Read into that however you choose. ;)
    Yep.....
    edited November -1
    I get it. Instead of fighting now, you'll promise to hitch up your pretend pants when the fight is lost. Big talk, little action. Kick that can down the road.

Uh huh. We'll see.
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    I get it. Instead of fighting now, you'll promise to hitch up your pretend pants when the fight is lost. Big talk, little action. Kick that can down the road.

Uh huh. We'll see.

What makes you think that I'm not fighting now? Is it because I'm not in line with an organization that works repeatedly against yours and my best interests?

Look,I respect everyone's opinion although I may disagree vehemently I still consider you and most all others on this site as brothers who ultimately believe in the idea of unfettered self preservation from a predatory government. With that said, please try not to project your own inadequacies unto others because you have absolutely no idea who iam or what my convictions may be. It really makes you look desperate.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA paid $41 MILLION dollars to the PR firm Ackerman McQueen last year. That money should have gone directly to fight anti gun legislation. Not line the pockets of a PR firm to run NRA TV etc. LaPierre spent $200K on wardrobe. Why the hell should he get any more money than his $5 Million dollar salary he already gets. He also has a $1.4 million dollar golden parachute. And what did we get for the money? Bumpstock bans, Red Flag laws that the NRA SUPPORTED. They?ve done nothing but negotiate our rights away. It?s run by a bunch of boomer Fudds.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    LOL! Nothing more going on here than SSDD. I'm supposed to be impressed by it? Why?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    This chance for reflection and audit for the NRA will be good. Infighting in any orgainization in the long run produces change and improvements.
    The culture at the NRA like any other group is lead by the top dogs. My hope is that a true shape up in the form and direction of the NRA is a more traditonal approach to the essentials of gun ownership.

Reform is good. Hate never solved much. With nearly 6 million members watching and waiting the NRA owes them a clean house.

Those 6 million members need to wake up and quit feeding that beast. Throwing good money after bad, because they are invested. They want to believe. It will not change. Their swamp is bigger and deeper than what Trump is against. You cannot remove the top dogs, members have no say except with dollars.

NRA members are watering a dead tree. Plant an apple tree and tend to it. It will bear fruit.

But then again I don't expect the lemmings to change, they still want a 2 party system, more laws and more handouts. Hate is a motivator, what you do with it is going to determine if it is bad or good. :ugeek:

What is comical is that NRA is now spending boatloads on Youtube ads. The ads are scare tactic ads. It reminds me of thugs going to mom and pop stores demanding protection money.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out today in the Wall Street Journal, Wayne spent $240,000 going to Italy, Hungary, and the Bahamas and sent the bill to Ackerman McQueen without documentation as to why he did it. So instead of using that money to fight for the 2nd Amendment he goes to those countries why? Was he fighting for their gun rights or something :roll: Tell me again trfox why I should be supporting LaPierre and the cancer that?s infected the NRA? LaPierre, Cox, Hammer and the rest of the snakes have sold their souls and bargained away our rights but plenty of the NRA faithful will keep supporting their bs. Stop being sycophants for people who are shaking your hand while at the same time stabbing you in the back.