In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about searches

hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
On the old forum you could do a search on say a Winchester m1 carbine or any topic and come up with many different questions and answers over the years I have not been able to figure this out on the new forum is this still possible?

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    There is a search function at the top of the page, on the right side of the blue banner running across the top.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you have to be signed in to see the search box.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I have tried the search box in the blue banner and Iam signed in all I get are post with the word Winchester or carbine in them and all from 2019 and I have tried the advanced search also guess I'm missing something? Thanks for help
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must search for the search, Grasshopper.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
    edited November -1
    It appears searches only go back to the time the new formatting started.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,641 ******
    edited November -1
    This is unfortunate. I had found much information about a wide range of topics on the old forum layout.
    Oh, well. Can?t stop progress.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:
    I agree, that's been my experience as well! Interestingly, even though I can't find my older posts through the search function, if I go to my profile I can pull up my old posts going back to when I joined in 2007. :o:lol:

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    Old-Colts wrote:
    He Dog wrote:
    I agree, that's been my experience as well! Interestingly, even though I can't find my older posts through the search function, if I go to my profile I can pull up my old posts going back to when I joined in 2007. :o:lol:

But of course you already know what you said, so that has limited use. Figuring out what Forgemonkey might have said is a lot more difficult. :x