In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Snake !!!!!!! Pic

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
My lovely bride yelled downstairs "Snake!!!!" in the garage" :shock: so I ran up thinking a copperhead or something I needed to handle carefully. My bride said it was under my truck or inside my Kayak. I said what is it and how big....she said it was small and she had no idea what it was....so I had her back my truck out and armed myself with a broom....this beast came crawling out from my Kayak as she cleared the garage...I laughed out loud, offered it a ride on the broom and walked it out to the drive way..... :D Cute little booger.

376587_d28ec298416272a43da0f00035b47bd2.jpg

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    smooth green snake ????? very few seen here
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yep, cute little guy!

We have one that looks like that here in our area of East Texas that we call, right or wrong, a Green Texas Vine Snake. We occasionally see them in our woods.

Edit to add: I looked it up and it might be a Rough Green Snake, but could be a Smooth Green Snake or Green Grass Snake. It appears that what we have here is one of those three, not a Vine Snake.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    smooth green snake ????? very few seen here

Where is He Dog when we need him !!!!! :)
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The snake was revered by the Aztec Indians as a supreme being IIRC.

;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:

;)

And guess what, they're no longer around either so I suppose they were right in that regard........ :lol:

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Junkballer wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:

;)

And guess what, they're no longer around either so I suppose they were right in that regard........ :lol:

The great Aztec Empire is gone but there are still direct descendants of the Aztec people alive today. ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Blue Jay and a Mockingbird gang up on a Blacksnake and chase him through the roll up door of my workshop.I pushed the snake back out with a broom and the birds would chase him back in.I had to catch the poor snake in a bucket and dump him over the fence into the woods to birds from chasing him.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind a looks like a Green Mamba but I reckon you're not in Africa. Then again some enthusiast could have had an escapee.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Greensnake, rough had keeled scales, smooth did not have keeled scales. They were quite common where I lived and often in honey suckle where they would prey on moths and grasshoppers.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spasmcreek has it handled. They are actually pretty common around that part of the Show Me, but cryptic so rarely seen. Rough green snakes are even more common, but also usually go unnoticed by most.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice!

Those guys don't last long around here. I have a 2 Hawks that live on my property and just about every time I see them they have a green snake in their talons.
    RLTW

• sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we call them grass snakes,, as a kid we used to play with them or chase the girls with them,, dont see tone near as often now as I did 50 years ago
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We call'em dead snakes. They're all poison as far as I'm concerned.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I truly believe I have learned more about snakes on this here General discussion, then just about anything! Thanks He Dog, especially.......
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Nice!

Those guys don't last long around here. I have a 2 Hawks that live on my property and just about every time I see them they have a green snake in their talons.

Sam, they feel much the same about you. :lol:

My pleasure Gearheaded. :D