In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jeep Guys -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Killer deal on a high end rear bumper from Quadratec (valid until 6/30.) [ Phone - 800-745-5337.]

(I just purchased one.) [Part # 1205.2120]

Smittybilt SRC Carbine Rear Bumper, welded in D-Ring mounts, an integrated rear Class III bumper hitch. Stripped down/minimalistic, high angle clearance. Textured black powder coated. Etc. (Smittybilt stuff rocks.)

This type of bumper usually runs $700+. ($349.00)

Smittybilt, is by far, the best deal for the $$, out there in my opinion. 99% of the mods on my Jeep, barring suspension and engine, are Smittybilt.

Fits 7'-18' JK Wrangler.

Just passing it on.

Comments

• ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?ll give it a look Ken. Thanks.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?ll give it a look Ken. Thanks.

Glad someone could/maybe use this Chris.

Best deal I have seen, on a high end bumper in many years.

I jumped on it, quickly.

I've been looking. For some reason, rear bumpers are more $$ than front bumpers. (?) Crazy.

Quadratec.com, my Brother.
    edited November -1
    (Bump.)

I hope you jump on this Chris.

If you have even remotely been looking at a nice high end rear bumper for your JK. this is the best deal, (by far,) I have seen in quite a few years of seriously looking.

Just saying.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come on down, Bring some metal and beer and I will make you bumper.

I have made a bunch for old CJ's most for a winch with a roller fairlead. I even made one to hold air and put a air chuck on it so I couls air up when I got off the trail.
    RLTW

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know these city boys Sam, gotta have everything store bought. :lol:
    edited November -1
    Ordering a bunch more parts here shortly. (Quadratec, is almost as addictive, as another site I can think of.) :o

Aftermarket aluminum die cut inner fender/engine guards, etc.

Now that my Jeep is jacked up, I am trying to address/redress the parts that are now showing, as well as protecting my engine from detrimental detritus.

Nice to have (both) my vehicles paid off couple months ago. Extra almost $800, I can play with. :)

I am so, so bad. :lol:

Don't have to answer any of those "Honey, but................" questions.

I work hard, earn every dime. Almost everything is paid for. The rest will be, here in a few months.
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    Come on down, Bring some metal and beer and I will make you bumper.

I have made a bunch for old CJ's most for a winch with a roller fairlead. I even made one to hold air and put a air chuck on it so I couls air up when I got off the trail.

Why would you want to "make me bumper?" What have I done to you? :mrgreen:

I bet with some "metal and Beer," you would attempt to make me quite a few things. :o:D:lol: :?
    edited November -1

Yes.

Mountain City, is quite the Metropolis Ricci. :lol:
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    I've got 2 nice welders a gas and a stick both 220v millers and I have a gouger. I have some metal here and a scrap yard about 30 min away.

I have a chop saw and a gas axe, seriously I can make a frikin bumper that would derail a train ;)

I would rather do it in the fall or winter though :oops: Its a little hot to be welding right now.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Poison Spyder brushed Aluminum Inner fender/engine guards. Ultimate Sport Handle Grab Handles (Velcro mounted to the overhead roll bar,) to help get in and out of the lifted Jeep.

Probably order a Cat back exhaust tomorrow, (that I am looking at.) :)
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two old CJ?s just have simple draw bars on the rear. One had a welded pipe on the front while the other has a factory bumper-or whatever passed for one in ?48. The ?11 JK is a daily driver and, for now anyway, just has stock bumpers.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
    edited November -1
    Poison Spyder brushed Aluminum Inner fender/engine guards. Ultimate Sport Handle Grab Handles (Velcro mounted to the overhead roll bar,) to help get in and out of the lifted Jeep.

Be careful with the inner fenders, I hear those Jeep V6's have a tendency to over heat.

Please tell me your Jeep is not Yellow.
    RLTW

edited June 2019
    Sam06 wrote:

Be careful with the inner fenders, I hear those Jeep V6's have a tendency to over heat.

Please tell me your Jeep is not Yellow.

No my "Jeep is not Yellow."

I personally liked the solid Aluminum (Poison Spyder logo) inner fender/engine guards over the more prevalent vented variety. (Based on it's looks and its added protection of the engine compartment.) My Jeep has never tended to overheat. (Has never gone beyond mid level temp. on the guage.)

I can always ventilate it, via a 3/8" drill bit if necessary, down the road, if needed. With all the spaces at the bottom, and around the shock/coil mount - it will still get much more incoming air than stock.

Thanks for the input/insight though. I appreciate it.

My Jeep is not only lifted, but has had the stock Jeep fenders, and inner fender wells replaced with Smittybilt Flat Steel Fenders. This opened the engine bay up quite a bit underneath.

Very much looking forward to getting all my various new parts, in order to start working on my Jeep. :)

It has really been coming together lately. Looking Awesome. (I usually field one to two offers/inquiries a week to purchase it.) One of the nicest ones I have seen on the road/trail.
    edited November -1
    Just ordered a high performance Magnaflow stainless steel cat back exhaust. High clearance, dual exhaust. Increases overall horsepower/torque and low end response. Doesn't look too bad either.

Lift kit, rear bumper, will have it most prominent, and on display. Looking forward to the exhaust tone, and the added benefits associated with this system.

Free shipping, and Lifetime Warranty, does not hurt either.

Yes, all through Quadratec.com