In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HILARIOUS non paying bidder.....San Fran CA buyer barring Alabama sales HA HA HA HA HA

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
I proceeded to the second step of the non paying bidder process today on a transaction someone failed to complete. I got an email today from them which has made my day its SO funny.

I let you know previously this was a mistaken bid and that I would pay the restocking fee. Instead you file non payment, so apparently my effort to make things right were meaningless to you. Again I am willing to pay a reasonable restock fee but beyond that I don't know what to do to appease.
My company can't do business with you/your state (against policy).
So tell me what the restock fee, (should be no more than 10%) and I will pay that. Otherwise I will have to accept the no payment complaint and live with that.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! He lives where they openly poop in the streets, but cannot do business with someone in Alabama because of his "company policy".......and has the nerve to think he is in a position to say what a "fair" restocking fee would be if I were silly enough to agree to that mess.

Bless his heart.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey my wife was born and raised in the South and I know what "Bless his heart" really means :o:o;);) LOL and I couldn't agree more

https://youtu.be/w4nRIw_ATJA
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    his company????? bet he is chairman of the board and his seat is right next to the shower and sink...life seems now fuller of irrelevant people...enjoy
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's a member of the entitlement class of SF, what do you expect?
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:

Yep
    Typical think pattern for these people.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yosh, is that you?

Bless your Heart. :o:);)
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey, did you get the "company name"? Because I'm pretty sure, there aren't anymore firearm "companies" in SF. Yank his chain and tell him you have a 10% restocking fee, but your company policy is %50 for businesses located in SF. :mrgreen:
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i too have had the same responce over the years :lol:
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that is truly a lame excuse of a reason to not follow through.

Tell him 2 hrs @ $75/hr plus 20%. He is used to being raked over the coals, he'll pay on principle. Postal Money Order, or is he boycotting them too because they do business in your state?
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    that's what I was thinking. that or one of those liberal-nazis
    edited November -1
    well one thing you can tell him, a "reasonable" restocking fee is going to be 15%-20%.

seen some as high as 25%, never less than 15%.

(like he should get that anyway. mistake bid my *)
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe you are even accepting bids from California. :?:
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yosh, is that you?

Bless your Heart. :o:);)

Nope I haven't bought guns on line in years. Besides I know enough to check the CA DOJ's magic list.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I rarely have any reason to defend anyone from CA, but out of curiosity, could the bid have been cancelled? Or, was all this after the auction closed?

I recently had one where a guy had very good bid history and after it closed and I sent him his invoice he almost immediately replied that he wasn't going to be able to complete the auction. I also filed NPB on him and got my fee refunded, and when it sold, it actually went for ~$150 more than the first time. Before I posted negative feedback I sent him one more note telling him that I was about to leave feedback and because of his impeccable feedback that if there was a reason for this instance, though I couldn't give him positive feedback, I'd be more kind. He replied that "he was not one to make excuses but sometimes things happen beyond their control". Honestly, I think I liked that answer better than some lame excuse. I left a C.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not tell this turd that you had a conference with your board of directors. The CEO was highly disapointed and directed you to make a example of him to set precedent to other turds from Cali.

Since your a decent person you would waive the $325.oo profesional services charge for the attorney fees. However the 20% restock and 15% other fees would be applicable.

Please remit xx.oo and you will be released from your obligations forthwith.
    "What is truth?'
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    Why not tell this turd that you had a conference with your board of directors. The CEO was highly disapointed and directed you to make a example of him to set precedent to other turds from Cali.

Since your a decent person you would waive the $325.oo profesional services charge for the attorney fees. However the 20% restock and 15% other fees would be applicable.

Please remit xx.oo and you will be released from your obligations forthwith.

:lol: good one!
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's probably telling the truth. If he owns a business that contracts with the state of CA he had to sign an agreement not to do business with entities in states that the liberals in Sacramento deem evil. Be careful about dismissing anything wild you hear about CA. It's completely off the rails of sanity at this point due the liberals being in charge.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...