In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No more Pledge of Allegiance as might offend some

Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Minnesota City Council Votes To Drop Pledge Of Allegiance Before Meetings
The councilors in St. Louis Park said it?s part of an effort to ?create a more welcoming environment.?

By Ryan Grenoble

When the St. Louis Park City Council meets on July 15 to consider routine topics like agenda planning and preferred purchasing policies, one part of the procedure will be slightly different: reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.

City councilors in the city of 50,000 just west of downtown Minneapolis, voted unanimously last week to drop the pledge from their call to order in a bid to ?create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community.?

?In order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community, we?re going to forego saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting,? council member Tim Brausen said.

He was quick to add the pledge would still be recited on certain occasions. Brausen cited times when Boy Scouts attend a meeting as an example.

The change ? along with another approved motion to alter the starting time of council meetings ? was recommended by a study group seeking to boost citizen attendance at the sessions.

The city?s demographics are not strikingly diverse. According to U.S. Census estimates in July 2018, its non-Hispanic white population was 81%, with blacks comprising 7.7% Hispanics 3.8% and Asians 3.7%.

Residents interviewed by CBS Minnesota had mixed reactions to the nixing of the pledge, ranging from ambivalence to disappointment.

?In terms of what would offend people and what offends me, that?s not at the top of the list,? local business owner Ellen Hertz told the station.

Resident David Gohman disagreed with the council action, saying of the pledge: ?I think it should be said every time, whether it is in school or meetings or whatever. We owe it to the country.?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/st-louis-park-city-council-pledge-allegiance_n_5d14e2e9e4b0e45560395c37

Soon the America we know will be gone and probably much sooner than many realize.
:evil:
The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:

Comments

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem. As long as they stop displaying anything that's pro-LGBT, or pro-abortion, or pro-gun control. Because those things offend a helluva lot of people, too.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community, we?re going to forego saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting,? council member Tim Brausen said.

Just reading that I can imagine what a smarmy * bag he is and I was 100% right on, take a look at this chitbird:

BTW he is in that MN muslim chicks district. The one who married her brother or some such crap and wears a head rag.

Here is another quote from Mr. Smarmy Libtard:
    From another article on this topic: St. Louis Park City Councilman Tim Brausen told the outlet, ?Unfortunately, some of us feel like patriotism has been so politicized that it?s almost used as a weapon against people.?

If that is the he feels he should start walking North its not far to Canada and take a muslim with you.
    RLTW

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if AMERICA so offends these idiots why in the hell dont they go to another country......
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    If you don?t SAY the Pledge of Allegiance, then you have not PLEDGED allegiance. If you have not pledged allegiance, you may be a traitor.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******
    edited November -1
    To all those who are offended by the ideal's of The United States of America...?.Kiss My *!

That is all I have to say about this *
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are so lucky I'm 63yo and my son {already retired from the navy} isn't going to that school.
    If I was 33 and had a son in that school, there would be blood shed.
    I can't even image what I would do if a child of mine came home and told me NO more pledge of allegiance.
    DAM F""KIN IDIOTS !!! everyone of them!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    They should move to singing all the verses of the national anthem.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DEMOCRAT ideology in practice, their goal is to destroy out country as founded.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    No problem. As long as they stop displaying anything that's pro-LGBT, or pro-abortion, or pro-gun control. Because those things offend a helluva lot of people, too.
    they are "controlling the conversation". they can say certain things are offensive, but you can't say their stuff is offensive.

try to stop the censoring/banning of things supposedly offensive to leftists. see what happens.

try to censor/ban what offends you, a straight white conservative male. see what happens.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then we need to be louder. At the next council meeting, there ought to be a couple hundred people shouting how much they are offended - by the council. And demand THEY be removed.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited November -1
    hhmm.... removal....

got any statues of gay men that need removed? they're offensive!

street names? sports teams? mountains, rivers, etc need to be renamed! they're offensive!

this country was built on tolerance and civility. leftists need to see the folly of their one-sided diatribes. make them see how tolerant their "oppressors" really are. or were.
    edited November -1
    The councilors in St. Louis Park said it?s part of an effort to ?create a more welcoming environment.?
    how much more "welcoming" does their city need to be?? this has to be about immigrants. sure they've got welfare, section 8 housing, tax breaks, some free health care, and now they're living in a country where they don't get shot for voicing the wrong political opinion or beheaded for not choosing the correct religion. geez! that's got to be enough if they don't like it.... they are free to leave, like some of them weren't in their home country!

"a more welcoming environment". pfft. how about the mayor's wife is required to bake them all cookies once a week.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    Then we need to be louder. At the next council meeting, there ought to be a couple hundred people shouting how much they are offended - by the council. And demand THEY be removed.

+1
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the pledge of allegiance and enjoy saying it with the group at monthly hunting club meets. What I find offensive is see two men kissing.

Liberals are also becoming more offensive as I grow older.
    "What is truth?'
    edited November -1
    this pinhead surely cannot have served in any of our military ?????????????????????
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    DEMOCRAT ideology in practice, their goal is to destroy out country as founded.

The Democrats just want to do away with anything that supports Nationalism or religion. They want inclusiveness in all things, they don't even know/care Abortions are killing human beings in Women's wombs. They want women to be just like men. Transhumanism at its fineness. All are equal under secular law only. The state is the new religion for Transhumanist. Next will be that science is the g-d they worship.

serf
  • yonsonyonson Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    St. Louis Park City Council is re-thinking the move. Stay tuned -
    edited November -1
    maybe timmy could get his wife a new outfit and she could welcome newbies at the bus stop !!! like Garth said "he's got friends in low places"