In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    Tucker was wayyy ahead of his time. He got screwed big time. Great find. Do you,have you considered bidding on such cars,select?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    montanajoe wrote:
    Tucker was wayyy ahead of his time. He got screwed big time. Great find. Do you,have you considered bidding on such cars,select?

No, I don't like the color. :)
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YEa, yea if the tires were blackwall I would put 4 mill on it.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This car is surrounded by controversy.

It simply appeared oit of nowhere about 8-10 years ago. There is no documentation that proves the company built a prototype convertible.

And the story goes- it was unfinished so the guys who got ahold of it ?finished it?.

The purest are not in love with this car.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:

It simply appeared oit of nowhere about 8-10 years ago. There is no documentation that proves the company built a prototype convertible.

And the story goes- it was unfinished so the guys who got ahold of it ?finished it?.

How do Purists feel about it? :lol:
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am certainly not a car collector purest- but I know this car has made the news a few times I think once, maybe even a few times been pulled from a big car auction.

Guys with a few million bucks to spend on a car, generally want the pedigree to be authentic. Im not in the market or a car purest- but even I have heard about this car.
    Warbirds wrote:

How do Purists feel about it? :lol:
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allow me to interject for a minute....
    Talked to an old racing buddy last week and asked him if he still has the 1986 Monte Carlo
    SS aerocoupe. Told me yes , it' still on blocks in his garage with only 1900 miles on it
    He went down south to a big Nascar race and bought it from a dealer back when they came out. Said only 200 were released to the public. Always said it was his retirement fund. ;)

What do you think it would bring if he puts it up on auction in the next 2 or 3 years???
    edited November -1
    babun wrote:
    Allow me to interject for a minute....
    Talked to an old racing buddy last week and asked him if he still has the 1986 Monte Carlo
    SS aerocoupe. Told me yes , it' still on blocks in his garage with only 1900 miles on it
    He went down south to a big Nascar race and bought it from a dealer back when they came out. Said only 200 were released to the public. Always said it was his retirement fund. ;)

What do you think it would bring if he puts it up on auction in the next 2 or 3 years???

GM did only build 200 of them in 1986 but a lot more in 1987.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/09/11/earnhardt-monte-carlo
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that link.
    Very interesting.
    Here is one about the registry of the 1986's.
    http://www.montecarloss.com/86Aerocoupe.html

I'm afraid my buddy may need to rely on SSI if it doesn't bring a bunch of money in 2 years.
    :oops:
    edited November -1
    I am thinking maybe 20-25K.
    edited November -1

I with you.....thinking $30,000 tops.
    edited November -1
    babun wrote:

I with you.....thinking $30,000 tops.

Sad time in history on HP on about everything. Just 180 HP.