In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I got an e-mail from the NRA

wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
I guess he can't afford that new Ferrari now! :lol:

Dear NRA Instructor,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing ?live TV? programming. Whether and when we return to ?live? programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org ? your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA?s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA?s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

? Wayne
There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GREAT things from the NRA.....LaPierre to get 100% raise !!!!!!! and new socks
  • RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Top Michelin restaurants, and best of suits for Wayne...
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wayne is a gotdamn liar. The NRA did not even run NRATV. Ackerman McQueen did 100%. BTW Ackerman McQueen also ran the NRA Convention. Let?s see Wayne run that on his own. The NRA is drowning in lawyer fees. Wayne?s expense account was more expensive than the money NRA-ILA took in. Guess it figures when you have $30K in clothing, multiple trips across the world and a $4500 a month female intern expense. I wonder if trfox and the other NRA loyalists can somehow justify that stuff. All that money PLUS a multi million dollar salary. The NRA should have been fighting to put itself out of a job. Instead it became nothing more than a vehicle to make a select few individuals rich.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wayne is being outed and is looking more and more like a scumbag.
    RLTW

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He has always looked to me like a scumbag. He is the problem, not the cure.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:
    He has always looked to me like a scumbag. He is the problem, not the cure.

He does look shady to me too.
    RLTW

• WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the current negative publicity I?m starting to get a bad opinion of the nra. They need to get their stuff together if they?re going to get the people?s trust back.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the grass roots level, guys that don't get paid teach gun safety and shooting skills, but the mega organization is about fund raising, pushing a political agenda that goes far beyond the 2nd amendment and making the top scum rich. Time to skim the pond.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    The only reason I am even mildly disappointed the NRA is sinking like the Titanic, is the loss of good gun training programs.... the first things they stupidly cut. It's the only thing they did well and the only thing of any importance that they do.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wax face Wayne belongs in prison.

They continue to send me mailings, and daily phone calls to try and get me to continue my membership/re-join,.....never again.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time, I was proud of my NRA membership.
    That's no longer the case.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They called me today. I suppose I?m on the do not call list now. Poor lady couldn?t get off the phone fast enough when I told her no more money until You change leadership. I told her I trust Ollie and liked Chris and after that mess it?s all going to the SAF! Don?t call back before a change.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pay my dues to the NRA for 'some' of thegood things they do.

Other solicitations for money is ignored/tossing the trash.
    :D
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another fine mess they have gotten themselves into, Ollie.

Never have been a member and would not consider it. The two of which I am a life member each get additional donations every year to help support the good work they do.

Always wondered how many NRA Life Members are motivated enough by the actions of the organization to donate on a regular basis.

I suspect it is a far lower number than similar members of the GOA and SAF.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the complicity and duplicity that they've been involved in since 1932 it is small wonder that they finally managed to shoot themselves in the head. And this time it could be fatal, time will tell.
  • lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    Still a life member, since they won't refund my money.

All I get from these quislings is their magazine which I deliberately keep receiving so as to bleed money from them and away from their working their ills.

I have had zero mailers, emails or other communication from them in a number of years, with the exception of * voting ballot/material when quisling faux-election time comes around.

Burn it down, salt the earth upon which it grew/existed.

My money and efforts go to other orgs, such as GOA, AzCDL and other grassroots efforts.
    "Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    lt496 wrote:
    Still a life member, since they won't refund my money.

All I get from these quislings is their magazine which I deliberately keep receiving so as to bleed money from them and away from their working their ills.

I have had zero mailers, emails or other communication from them in a number of years, with the exception of * voting ballot/material when quisling faux-election time comes around.

Burn it down, salt the earth upon which it grew/existed.

My money and efforts go to other orgs, such as GOA, AzCDL and other grassroots efforts.
    I'm happy to lend a bag

morton-salt-water-softener-salt-1500-64_1000.jpg
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain