In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

a little computer help please

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
i cant seem to open any auctions other than showcase items. for example if i go to the buy page, rifles, i get results for rifles but i cant open any of the auctions. if i click on an auction the first auction on the page turns blue, any page i go to, and thats as far as i get. any ideas? thanks

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    varian wrote:
    any ideas? thanks

It is not working. Don
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the new democrat controls which means you've exceeded your allotted amount of guns. You'll have to contact home land security and purchase a special license for future purchases or attend a 10 hour anti gun orientation class.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it's telling you that you need to buy a rifle from one of the showcase items.

if you want to troubleshoot, try doing that then see if it wants you to buy some ammo.
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to work fine for me.

What computer, operating system and browser are you using? Are you using a firewall or antivirus software.

Browser or antivirus/firewall settings seems like the likely culprit.

Did it work before and did you make any changes etc when this started?
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tired of tire kickers and need people to actually buy/ sell stuff????
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    started a couple days ago. did all the normal stuff, reboot, checked my settings, dont remember doing anything different. its just peculiar to me it will open showcase auctions but not the regular auctions.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm totally clueless as to why it would do that. all I can offer is try the standard stuff: log off from GB, clear your cookies, delete your temp files, turn off your firewall(s), try a different browser.
  • HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    At first blush, it sounds like a stuck key, likely an "F" key may be a mouse button. I had mine do something similar once, I changed the batteries in my blue tooth mouse and the program loaded wrong, I rebooted again (removed and replaced the batteries) and it started working normally again.
    Laptop, tablet, phone or desktop? Check the date of your updates and see if any coincide with your issues.
    Pushing the "A" key and the "CTRL" will highlight the entire page (select all). There are other paths that do the same thing.
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got it went to settings and deleted browsing history. looks like that fixed it for some reason.