In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Snapper Mower

buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Just got it running again and mowed the grass with a rear engine Snapper that my dad brought home the day of the moon landing in 1969.Its slow and noisy but nothing makes the lawn look better than a Snapper with a bagger.

Comments

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best and most dependable riding mower ever made, the average "Joe" could work on them and parts could be found at most auto parts stores and hardware stores, some parts could even be home-made.....I know, I've done it alot when growing up, even the motors could be swapped out in minutes with simple hand tools ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I like to see old stuff running. Very little of this new machinery impresses me.
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So much of the "newer stuff" is made cheaper but designed to look great.

Quality has given way to appearance.

Today, most products are made to be "throw away items" where, if repairable, repair parts exceed the cost of a new replacement.
    :evil:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just like forest gump used :lol: