In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The front end fell off my Toyota.

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
48158601486_e8532e56f6_b.jpg

It got better...
48158601526_fbf7322e01_b.jpg

48164805101_b2d3317eb9_b.jpg

48164805131_54af81bc50_b.jpg

Installed a Warn winch bumper, Warn VR10 steel cable wince, and TRD Skid Plate.

Next up: Lift, Sliders, lighting, etc.

I need some electric or air tools.

Comments

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be a personal problem.

Looks more like a choise to help others.
    "What is truth?'
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1

"What is truth?'
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice,
    helped a guy install a winch on a Tacoma, has to remove the bumper and grill, but looked nice when finished.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

Now, I'm looking for places to get stuck or find others stuck.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like that integrated winch set up, very clean looking install!!! Warn stuff isn't cheap, but worth every penny!! Have you considered moving to synthetic line?
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have my winch on a receiver hitch set up... then I go to receiver it's receptacle on the front end of my pickup, and my son get the same thing that way we can share my winch. Plus we can put it on the back end of our pickups if need be, works out great. Asthmatic benefit if somebody gets stuck and needs help and we're busy oh, we can just loan them the winch to go with somebody else, I have built some extra long jumper cables out of one gauge copper wire that they can take with to run to back of their pickup receiver hitch. The third benefits to the setup is that I have a receiver hitch on the front end of my car hauler that I can put this into and I don't have to have another winch to load cars on my car hauler. Which is really nice because my son does demolition derby and a lot of times we have to winch the car on the trailer after the derby
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    I really like that integrated winch set up, very clean looking install!!! Warn stuff isn't cheap, but worth every penny!! Have you considered moving to synthetic line?

I debated both. Thinking steel line will be a little more rugged than synthetic for using around the house - dragging logs through the dirt / mud rock. May change down the line.
    edited November -1
    I have my winch on a receiver hitch set up... then I go to receiver it's receptacle on the front end of my pickup, and my son get the same thing that way we can share my winch. Plus we can put it on the back end of our pickups if need be, works out great. Asthmatic benefit if somebody gets stuck and needs help and we're busy oh, we can just loan them the winch to go with somebody else, I have built some extra long jumper cables out of one gauge copper wire that they can take with to run to back of their pickup receiver hitch. The third benefits to the setup is that I have a receiver hitch on the front end of my car hauler that I can put this into and I don't have to have another winch to load cars on my car hauler. Which is really nice because my son does demolition derby and a lot of times we have to winch the car on the trailer after the derby

I've debated that setup with my Nissan Frontier and then with this 4Runner. I ruled it out for myself because the winch and cradle is a heavy sob to move around. Thinking I'd kill my back trying to get that into place where I need to self recover from the front.

The other issue with the 4Runner is mounting it inside the vehicle. Don't want a 100lb winch hitting me in the head in an accident. Would need to weld a receiver in the cargo area.

I still might do something like that on my Frontier.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Looks great! I highly recommend air tools.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    drobs wrote:

I've debated that setup with my Nissan Frontier and then with this 4Runner. I ruled it out for myself because the winch and cradle is a heavy sob to move around. Thinking I'd kill my back trying to get that into place where I need to self recover from the front.

The other issue with the 4Runner is mounting it inside the vehicle. Don't want a 100lb winch hitting me in the head in an accident. Would need to weld a receiver in the cargo area.

I still might do something like that on my Frontier.

Mine stays in my garage unless I'm going to be going out in the mountains or some other place that I might need it and then I just have somebody help me load it on...

But I used to leave it on my pickup on the front end of it. And like I said, if somebody needed it and I was too busy to go help them, I could just loan them the winch instead of having to loan them my pick up to...
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drobs wrote:
    wpageabc wrote:

Now, I'm looking for places to get stuck.

Well,

That should mot be too difficult, given it's a Toyota. :o

Now a Jeep Wrangler?

Who needs a stinkin' winch? :D
    edited July 2019

I have the same set up on my truck...after having my winch (WARN X9000i) on several different trucks i prefer it in a multi mount to permanently mounted. Plus i can use it on the front or back. My winch is mostly used for utility work like dragging logs from the woods, but I have pulled a snow plow on a 3/4 ton up an embankment and recovered another truck that slid off the road during winter.

2ycXb0q.jpg
    edited November -1
    Have you set up a winch kit yet? A couple 20K tow straps, a couple 15-20K snatch blocks, heavy gloves, heavy blanket for the winch line, 3-4 15-20K D rings, small shovel, tools and some screw clamps to repair your line if it breaks. My winch kit bag weighs as much as my winch...lol.
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:

I have the same set up on my truck...after having my winch (WARN X9000i) on several different trucks i prefer it in a multi mount to permanently mounted. Plus i can use it on the front or back. My winch is mostly used for utility work like dragging logs from the woods, but I have pulled a snow plow on a 3/4 ton up an embankment and recovered another truck that slid off the road during winter.

2ycXb0q.jpg

+1 it makes it so easy to transfer it from vehicle to vehicle, plus it's something that you can borrow to your friends when you're unable to help them. I don't know how many times I've borrowed my I went out to different people when I was not able to help them. Which helped them out immensely... in my opinion, it's the only way to fly
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:

2ycXb0q.jpg

New Superduty?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crap, now I am going to have to buy a bunch of stuff to keep up.
    edited November -1
    drobs wrote:
    shilowar wrote:

2ycXb0q.jpg

New Superduty?

Yes 2019, bought back on NY Eve....
    6RHhYk7.jpg
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Added an Eibach Pro Truck lift which consists of 4 springs shocks and struts. Supports the winch and bumper plus firmed up the ride a bit in the curves. Nose dive on braking is just about gone as well.

Tire Rack had the best price w/ free shipping:
    https://tinyurl.com/y6dn6fbf

Had these guys in Springfield, MO install it for $475 OTD with alignment:
    http://www.bkstrucks.com/

48382437636_642fc90749_b.jpg

48382437731_c674a2fd59_b.jpg
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drobs wrote:
    Added an Eibach Pro Truck lift which consists of 4 springs shocks and struts. Supports the winch and bumper plus firmed up the ride a bit in the curves. Nose dive on braking is just about gone as well.

Tire Rack had the best price w/ free shipping:
    https://tinyurl.com/y6dn6fbf

Had these guys in Springfield, MO install it for $475 OTD with alignment:
    http://www.bkstrucks.com/

48382437636_642fc90749_b.jpg

48382437731_c674a2fd59_b.jpg

Sounds like my Jeep Wrangler lift.

Four Quadratec Nitro 8.0 shocks plus the lift & beefier coil springs, tightened up the handling nicely. Glad you are pleased with your results.