In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rock Island Pro Match Ultra 6" 10mm Armscor 52000

izemannizemann Member Posts: 3
edited July 2019 in Ask the Experts
Just wanted to ask if anyone knew anything about the Rock Island Pro Match 10mm pistol; Double Stack ???
Thanks
izemann

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • izemannizemann Member Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Thanks-I understand it is a Double stack.I wanted to know if anyone has on of these pistols and what they think of it.Good-Bad ??? Not worth the price.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My question is WHY????
    The 10mm is a great round for "stopping arguments".
    It was never intended to be a "match" loading.
    So is that a "match'" gun or a big bore man stopper?

Trying to be both never works....... ;)
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I've had a single stack, steel frame RI for years. Bought it in the, XT, .22 configuration. But have been using with 9 mm & 45 ACP barrels & slides. No problems at all. Accuracy, durability, function, great.

If you can get a good deal on the 10 mm. Go for it. The only reservations i would have, would be regarding the high cap, double stack magazine. Unless you have big hands. Hot 10 mm loads, would cause problems maintaining uniform shot to shot retention. IMHO, way to loosey,goosey in rapid fire.

Another factor in long shot strings might be the weight. My WAG, loaded your looking at least 3 lbs+. Need arms, like Arnold the govinator, to hold it steady.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a person who is 'all things 10mm'. If I remember right, the R.I. Pro Match Ultra holds 8 like a standard .40 cal 1911. I have had a double-stack Para-ordinance 16-40 converted to 10mm years ago. Like mentioned above, the weight does add up. Many call these double stack 1911 frames 2011's. The Glock 20 is much lighter in the same capacity. The standard single stack 1911 is much more conducive to accurate shooting if you are really wanting to shoot matches. If you are wanting an accurate field gun, the double stack all steel will get heavy. This is coming from a guy that has or has owned, or shot literally about every 10mm auto handgun made. I also shoot LAR Grizzly 45 W.M., Coonan Arms .357 Mag, a 1911 inspired gun stretched to fit the 1911 basic layout, and Desert Eagles up to .50 A.E. I am not pushing Glock at all, so don't take it like that, but for a rough and tumble field defense tool, the 20 or model 40 M.O.S. are hard to beat for the weight to capacity ratio. They are more than accurate to field work.
    If you are really asking more for opinions on Rock Island, they seem to have a solid gun at lower cost. The ones I have shot in various calibers have all functioned fine. The fit is not perfect, but more than acceptable. The triggers are, well, they are lawyer triggers like most of the mass produced guns. My only unanswered question is finish longevity. How will they do long term? A buddy of mine carries a .40 S&W (iirc) single stack. It rides against his skin so during the summer it gets exposed to salty sweat. So far so good.

Sorry, I think my post is all over the place, but I am at work and keep having things come up but hopefully you can follow what I am trying to say.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.