In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Saturn Boone Part Numbers

vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Ask the Experts
Hello All,

Would any of you have application listings for Saturn Boone scope and sight mounts? I've got a rear sight base that's stamped 403 but found nothing in either Stroebel books or online. Also have a scope mount that's stamped 25 X-325. Thank you.

Jim

Comments

• rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure, if this is the one your seeking info on? But it was a prismatic scope, from the early 50's. Not likely much info, or folks who actually had one, still around. Going on 70 years.

I've only seen a couple over the years. And I've been buying guns, since JFK was prez. It's prismatic construction, was quite unique for a rifle scope. But I always wondered about it's practically? The ones I seen, weren't actually mounted on rifles. As I remember the ad photos. The way they were mounted, high up on the receiver. Made them seem quite vulnerable, if they were handled roughly or dropped.
  • vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not trying to find info on a scope. I'm trying to find out what these two mounts fit.
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    vandj1318 wrote:
    I'm not trying to find info on a scope. I'm trying to find out what these two mounts fit.

Best bet IMHO. Would be old copies of Stoeger's, Shooters Bible or the Gun Digest. Circa early 1950's. I don't know if they have been microfllmed or digetized? For on line reference. But they are about the only references, I can think of. That might have the information your seeking.

Being so obscure, and so long out of production. Finding anyone with hands on knowledge. Regarding the rifles, that the Boone scope mounts were specifically made for. Would be probiematical.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    just for reference a pix of the scope and the mounting system
    ht7M7ZGl.jpg
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Possibly a Warner Swazey design optic or variant or derivative...

I have a Warner Swazey optic that was originally mounted on an '03 Springfield sniper / designated sharpshooter rifle circa WWI ...

Investigating this sighting device and it's military and civilian adaptations (especially the mounts) might yield information in a non linear or backdoor fashion...

Just an educated shot in the dark.

Mike
  • vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the delay, computer issues.

I appreciate your input. I'm gonna try and get some pics on here.