In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Nevada Centennial 22 Scout set

bvshooterbvshooter Member Posts: 136 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Ask the Experts
I have been trying to contact Colt with no luck. They do not reply to emails and customer service is always out of the office. I have two Colt Nevada sets, one being the standard 45/22 set and the other is a consecutive serial numbers 22 Frontier Scout set , unfired, unturned. I am trying to find out how many of these sets were produced. I have heard there were 537 of the 22/45 sets. I am considering selling the 22 set but I would really like to know if they are rare or not.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YW6N054/IMG-1352.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/yYdx9vYn/IMG-1353.jpg

Comments

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir if you google it several come up either for sale or that have been sold. The date on the barrel of your revolver should read 1864-1964 so it is a safe assumption most were produced in 1964. Hope this helps.
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    The Colt Nevada Commemoratives, are listed in the Blue Book for 1964. The cased sets are listed as 22/45 combos, not cased sets of 22 scouts. The Nevada Centennial Scouts, are listed individually. Almost 5,000 in total being made. in serial number ranges. "0001NS-1752NS", "1846NC", "1964NC" & "2001NS"-4996NS".

If you can establish, that your case set actually came from Colt? it would have substantial collector value, IMHO. Just put together, by a previous owner after leaving the factory. Not so much.

'
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I see posted number of sets as 577, not a big difference. Consecutive number sets of regular issue pistols sometimes bring more.

added How interesting, it looks official Colt - not the best pic. I am surprised that you can't get an answer from them. I think I pony up the money for the letter(s) - you might have a very rare set. It could also be a fake, maybe the outer box is genuine and some one made new guts.

I would want the answer before I sold them.
  • bvshooterbvshooter Member Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for answering. This is the cased set and the cutouts only fit a Scout. It also has 2 22 caliber cleaning brushes. I appreciate the help.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YW6N054/IMG-1352.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/yYdx9vYn/IMG-1353.jpg
    edited November -1
    Serial numbers are 0075NS and 0076NS
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Years ago when I was in the gun business. I had dealings with these guys, who specialized in Commemoratives. They were a real picky lot. Literally they would go over them, with a magnifying glass. Looking for the slightest imperfection.

To make a long story short. Get Colt letter(s) on the Nevada Scouts. If you want to get top dollar for them. From the guys, who specialize in Colt cased commemoratives.
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the reply. I paid $1220.00 for the set , which I thought to be a great price about 3 years ago. I am 70 and may start selling a few items. I only wish Colt would answer their phone to try and find out what the real deal is. The box is just like my 22/45 set but a 45 will not fit in the recess so I am thinking they had to be made this way. Best regards
    edited November -1
    For sure.. The case looks so perfect and all I paid $1220 for the set a few years ago
    edited November -1
    Whoops. My mistake. In double checking my 45 WILL fit in the recess so what I have is 2 mint Nevada Centennial , Colt Frontier Scouts in a Nevada Centennial Case. At least now I know what the deal is and as they are consecutive serial numbers $1220 for the set was not bad, do you think ? Thanks again
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not bad,,nice but you will find a niche collectors market but you should do ok..imo
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply.I may be smart to just hang on to them a while
This discussion has been closed.