In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Antique Shipping to CA

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Ask the Experts
There is an interest in one of the antique muzzleloading pistols we have listed.
It is a Model 1842 Percussion Pistol manufactured in 1855 by Ira N. Johnson.
Stamped U.S./I.N.Johnson
The person lives in California. Can this be shipped directly to the buyer or does
it have to go through an FFL? The laws in California are crazy and normally I do
no ship anything there.
Thank you for your help.

Mike

Comments

• rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Personally speaking. I would only ship, any firearm to CA. Antique or not, From FFL to FFL. This absolves you of all problems. The customer is paying them, not you.

A authentic Johnson horse pistol, is worth big bucks. If he doesn't want to go through a FFL. I would just forget about it, and sell it someplace else. It's his problem, that he lives in CA, not yours.
  • TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufesnow wrote:
    Personally speaking. I would only ship, any firearm to CA. Antique or not, From FFL to FFL. This absolves you of all problems. The customer is paying them, not you.

A authentic Johnson horse pistol, is worth big bucks. If he doesn't want to go through a FFL. I would just forget about it, and sell it someplace else. It's his problem, that he lives in CA, not yours.

Thank you. I do not trust them. here is what he sent using GunBroker Message system.

"Since antique muzzleloading firearms are exempt from registration and regulation in California, and I buy and sell such firearms frequently on GunBroker, can you sell to me directly in California? Thank you, Fred"

The auction clearly states we do not ship to California.

He said nothing about the price. He has 100% feedback and has been a member since 2009.

But we will not be selling it to him. It will stay listed on GunBroker.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's an "Antique", a "non-gun" by the BATF, and the Calif DOJ regulations. He can buy it, and you can ship it directly to him. At least this week you can, who knows what they'll come up with next week. :roll:
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with Trap. It's your gun and your rules and if you want decline a sale so be it.