In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Picked about 50 Peaches -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
This evening. Very nice Alberta's. There are about to be hundreds ripening and ready to pick her in the next week. :o

Glad I went back out to pick some. My Samsung Soundbar/subwoofer had not been delivered when I got home.(I was kind of surprised.) Had been home about 30-45 minutes, took my boots off, changed in to some comfy clothes, and headed out to pick some Peaches, as I saw how loaded down my trees were when I backed in to the driveway.

There sat my Soundbar dropped at the front of my Jeep. (About 150' away from my front porch.) I hit heavy rain on the way home, and it appears it will hit here soon.

I'd a been pretty pissed, if it sat out in the rain all night. No it was not covered in plastic or anything. Lazy *, towards the end of his delivery route I guess.

Most things, unless really heavy are left on my porch, covered in a light plastic bag.

It all worked out good I guess.

Only missing one little specialty screw needed to mount the unit to the wall. (Not sure I have one quite like that.) Yes. One in the bag, not two as required. Sigh.............................. :roll: Thanks QC.

One, Two. (Check.) How hard/difficult is that? Really.

Weird little screw I probably do not have one of, anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    "Here."

Typo.

If it is around here, it is probably ticks, chiggers or something like that. :o :?
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,648 ******
    edited November -1
    That must be some good country for peaches. The best ones I ever bought were sold on the side of the road near Marshall, NC.
    We were coming back from an outdoor concert and took a back road up to I-81. Seemed like every farm along the road had a stand set up. Nice, big peaches at affordable prices. I need to ride back down there one of these days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    That must be some good country for peaches. The best ones I ever bought were sold on the side of the road near Marshall, NC.
    We were coming back from an outdoor concert and took a back road up to I-81. Seemed like every farm along the road had a stand set up. Nice, big peaches at affordable prices. I need to ride back down there one of these days.

Sorry. We are are out of Peaches. :o:D:lol:
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,648 ******
    edited November -1
    Ok. Maybe next year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    Ok. Maybe next year.

Sorry.

Next year is not looking too good either. :o :? :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't worry Jim, I know where you can get all you want, won't cost you more than a few tacos......................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    don't worry Jim, I know where you can get all you want, won't cost you more than a few tacos......................

What are these "Taco's," you speak of?

Sounds intriguing.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ken go to burger King, they will give you one for a dollar...........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    Ken go to burger King, they will give you one for a dollar...........

By FAR, the absolute Worst Taco's I have ever had. (Felt like calling Corporate, to complain, & ask for my $$ back.) Total false advertising at play there. I was sitting there with a few, while they played the commercial about 3 times. Did not even remotely look like what was on TV.

The Worst Taco's Ever, bar none.
  • Options
    Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
    edited November -1
    Speaking of peaches.
    Albertas, Georgia Bells, and big ole Hales seem to be off the market. All you can buy now seem to be hard as rocks and have very little flavor. More like eating an apple, bought a few the other day off a local produce stand and you have used them for cannon fodder.
    They have been designed to look and ship good, flavor is not important.
    About 50 plus years ago the family would go to Chesnee, SC and hit the small back yard orchards. Pick your own kinda deal. Tree ripe and pick ups for peach butter, yum yum. Always dreaded the heat and peach fuzz itch.