In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump has some ideas,......

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
concerning the mass shootings. He says he will speak on them in 2 or 3 days. Gee,.....I wonder what those ideas might be? Anyone care to guess?

I heard this a bit earlier on both TV, and then the radio while driving. I can't give you any iron clad source, so don't bother asking.
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    My guess is that Trump will push to have Congress raise the minimum age for long gun purchases from dealers from 18 to 21. Since the numbers of 18, 19 and 20 year olds voting for Trump are typically small, he will use this as his easy way out of an ugly situation. The House will write legislation to that effect, the Senate will pass it to show that they did something, and Trump will sign the bill into law.

Bottom line...politics as usual.
  • lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    I would expect that life-long New Yawk City collectivist and Democrat, Trump, will 'grudgingly' (lol) be 'pushed' (lol) into calling for some form of 'Assault Weapons Ban'.

He is a former admitted supporter of one and as I see it, he likely has remained a supporter of that and other gun controls, merely having mouthed populist and pro-gun rhetoric to fool the ever stupid voters after his amazing conversion to the other wing of the collectivist party, the republican-wing.

It is all but certain that he will also call for or back 'universal background checks' and some govt-centric mental litmus test to buy or own firearms, so as to further infringe on the rkba and to advance increased fed-govt intrusion and control into firearms transactions and in restricting individual liberty.

After all, being a big city collectivist, he is a committed federal supremacist.

Change my mind.
    "Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lt496 wrote:
    I would expect that life-long New Yawk City collectivist and Democrat, Trump, will 'grudgingly' (lol) be 'pushed' (lol) into calling for some form of 'Assault Weapons Ban'.

He is a former admitted supporter of one and as I see it, he likely has remained a supporter of that and other gun controls, merely having mouthed populist and pro-gun rhetoric to fool the ever stupid voters after his amazing conversion to the other wing of the collectivist party, the republican-wing.

It is all but certain that he will also call for or back 'universal background checks' and some govt-centric mental litmus test to buy or own firearms, so as to further infringe on the rkba and to advance increased fed-govt intrusion and control into firearms transactions and in restricting individual liberty.

After all, being a big city collectivist, he is a committed federal supremacist.

Change my mind.

No argument here,He was a Democrat and for an assault weapon ban but for now he may just deny 20 years old or below citizens even if in the military from all private firearms but I see in the future with a new 5G emplacement of small transmitters everywhere in major cities very soon indeed!

For added security and to enforce the rule of law by identifying all citizens in all non-private activities to keep the peace under new draconian laws in the future.

I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

serf
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It?s gonna get ugly. I never trusted him. And for people saying but Hillary would have...so what? This guy HAS instituted gun control by fiat and can do it again.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Oh boy! Here come the background checks (which we already have), the addition of more red flag laws (that trample multiple enumerated rights) and surely an age limit hike, a ban on guns that have scary looking features and oh, I don't know... "silencers" too? It's gonna be a ride from this "gun friendly" POTUS.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:
    It?s gonna get ugly. I never trusted him. And for people saying but Hillary would have...so what? This guy HAS instituted gun control by fiat and can do it again.

Yep.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is what I feel is going to play out

1. Increase in minimum age to 21 (much like alcohol)
    2. All sales must go through an FFL
    3. A statement from Trump that if Congress delivers a ban to his desk he will sign it

Other possible actions as well
    1. Waiting period after background check to take possession
    2. Ban on AR pattern pistols and Shockwave/TAC-14 pattern firearms by Exec Order (ala bumpstocks)
    3. Magazine capacity limit again by Exec Order (I'm not prohibiting you from having a magazine fed firearm)

Extreme possibility
    Exec Order much like the bump stock prohibition were AR/AK/etc pattern firearms are deemed illegal and all must be turned in or destroyed with no compensation

If they push the age to 21, then I think a person should not be allowed to vote or join the military until that age. If they are too immature to own a firearm, then they are too immature to have a say so in the future of this nation and should not be given a job where they may need to use firearms.