In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why is Gun Control Trumping The 2nd Admendment

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Is it white Supremacy? Nationalist? Then what ? No one can pin down the main cause for it so convoluted and it never will be explained other then all mankind are created equal but some are unable to cope with the moral conceptions that public/private murder is not legal and the ability to kill or murder should fall on man's governments.

But wait Man's Governments have killed more people than any other institution in History so it must be a spiritual reason why mankind is killing itself? Just because your local leader can defend you in your country now, does not mean another leader in some other country will not come and kill you anyway!

The United Nations will be the answer soon after The American's lose all their gun rights but I think in the end it will fail also. Our Forefathers warn us about many things but somehow I think our Republic Democracy didn't follow their moral teachings or had the wisdom to discern what is right and what is wrong. Be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent is the only advice I can give. Here is a study guide https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

serf

Comments

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Why is Gun Control Trumping The 2nd Amendment?"

Because you have to do that one - before you can do the other ones.
  • HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    School and home a bit to permissive, both parents working and many children basically raising themselves, being raised by TV or the internut or maybe worse the state raising them. Way too many single-parent households.

Religion being slowly expunged from society and the god of government being a poor substitute.

The Church shooting itself in the foot, pedophile priests and liberal congregations sacrificing basic morality trying to be inclusive.

If you can stand back and take a look, macro instead of micro, you can see the social evolution over the decades. One reason I'm a social conservative, the old system was flawed but IMO way better than the progressive alternative. I actually expect it will get worse, no matter how many laws they pass, unless they start dealing with the causes.

Side note: Conservatively 1500 babies a day are aborted.
    edited November -1
    "Why is Gun Control Trumping The 2nd Amendment?"

Because you have to do that one - before you can do the other ones.

I agree, it doesn't take a genius to figure out an unarmed society is easier to squeeze than an armed society.

Obummer and that crowd seem to never learn from their past mistakes. After Sandyhook and the discussion about an AR ban, AR sales went up a hundred percent or more. Methinks the population, in general, voted that one down with their pocketbook. I honestly don't know if it was the forbidden fruit syndrome or fear of government overreach, maybe both.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is about spoiled rotten kids....bored with life because the parents gave them everything. Bullied, tired of playing video games, no job, no relationship, no skills (other than working a video controller) no friends, can't get laid, shy, very depressed. They basically give up on a dead end life and figure they can become something special....SO SAD.

Never had this crap when I was younger. If you wanted something, you earned enough money to buy it yourself because mom and dad barely had enough money to survive themselves.

I'm not giving up a single gun, bullet, primer, magazine or accessory because 2 crazy kids ruined the gun laws for 350 million law abiding citizens.
    Abort Cuomo
    edited November -1
    nyforester wrote:
    It is about spoiled rotten kids....bored with life because the parents gave them everything. Bullied, tired of playing video games, no job, no relationship, no skills (other than working a video controller) no friends, can't get laid, shy, very depressed. They basically give up on a dead end life and figure they can become something special....SO SAD.

Never had this crap when I was younger. If you wanted something, you earned enough money to buy it yourself because mom and dad barely had enough money to survive themselves.

I'm not giving up a single gun, bullet, primer, magazine or accessory because 2 crazy kids ruined the gun laws for 350 million law abiding citizens.

Funny the same thought crossed my mind, lack of nookie being a big factor. Maybe the girls should be more willing to take one for the team. :)
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being the devils advocate here. The Guy in Las Vegas Nevada was not a child or young adult. He is the strangest case to go nuts as a mass murderer after having all the trappings of the good life. Our forefathers struggle against a repressive government and gave all to secure our nation but our moral compass has become defective and a lot of people now have become disenchanted or disfranchised by the system. The middle class was the backbone of America and our forefathers fought hard to stop Hitler and Tojo yet we now have drifted away from what we were. Just like Ancient Rome did in all it's splendor.

serf
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    Being the devils advocate here. The Guy in Las Vegas Nevada was not a child or young adult. He is the strangest case to go nuts as a mass murderer after having all the trappings of the good life. Our forefathers struggle against a repressive government and gave all to secure our nation but our moral compass has become defective and a lot of people now have become disenchanted or disfranchised by the system. The middle class was the backbone of America and our forefathers fought hard to stop Hitler and Tojo yet we now have drifted away from what we were. Just like Ancient Rome did in all it's splendor.

serf

Las Vegas was a Government cover up....look it up. There is no other scenario. He was probably making a government gun deal and it went bad.
    Abort Cuomo
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:

serf

I have to disagree with yo on this one serf. I don't buy the "disenfranchised" buzz word nor do I buy into the "middle class" bullflip. These are only words used to control the masses, and has nothing to do with personal responsibility and being of right mind.

The middle class myth is a fairytail of liberal consumption.

The "disenfranchised" is the excuse of pathetic low T liberals and republicans.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    serf wrote:

serf

I have to disagree with yo on this one serf. I don't buy the "disenfranchised" buzz word nor do I buy into the "middle class" bullflip. These are only words used to control the masses, and has nothing to do with personal responsibility and being of right mind.

The middle class myth is a fairytail of liberal consumption.

The "disenfranchised" is the excuse of pathetic low T liberals and republicans.

It was a summation of what is being said in the public arena and I agree killing innocent people is a heinous crime against Humanity. But material wealth and the love of money or the lack of it drives a lot of people on either side to do stupid and sometimes Horrendous acts. Acts of Charity and sound minds would be helpful in all things. But you're entirely responsible for all your actions and you can believe what you will.We all will be judged in the hereafter but then that's my spirituality talking.

serf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The common denominator is fatherless children acting up. Concerning the problems.

Gun control trying to jack the 2nd amendment. Its like the Bible and American Flag.

There are certain things that last. When the bible and the flag die. That will be the end of America as we know it. Like the family.
    "What is truth?'