In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Waynes World

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
Well it looks like Wayne LaPierre, who makes $1.37 Million a year, almost got the NRA to buy him a House. The House is a 6 million dollar mansion outside Dallas.

The more I read about this guy the more of a scumbag he becomes. I know the NRA has done some good things but man they are just about one of the most dysfunctional organization I have seen. What has happened to Ollie North since he was fired? Its like he fell off the end of the earth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7332073/NRA-planned-buy-6million-Dallas-mansion-chief-Wayne-LaPierre-year.html

C&P
The National Rifle Association planned to purchase a $6million mansion in Dallas for its chief executive Wayne LaPierre last year, newly leaked records have revealed.

Discussions about the property acquisition, which ultimately did not happen, are reportedly under scrutiny by New York officials conducting an ongoing investigation into the gun-lobby's tax exempt status and allegations of financial misconduct.

Two people familiar with the records told The Washington Post that the NRA wired tens of thousands of dollars to a corporate entity that was going to be making the purchase in 2018.

The New York attorney general's office uncovered the plan after subpoenaing the NRA's financial records in its investigation.

The gun group is said to have had its eye on a 1.5-acre lakefront estate in a gated community in Westlake, Texas.

It featured a 10,000-square-foot French mansion with four bedrooms and nine baths, plus lavish amenities including White Oak flooring, Italian tile, vaulted ceilings and an antique marble fireplace.

Who needs 9 Bathrooms unless you are full of crap!
RLTW

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Your dues money at work.
    The Left wants to destroy the NRA. They?d better hurry because it looks like the NRA is going to destroy itself.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep - I truly believe that the NRA, while not 100% great, still does help with gun rights. But it?s shooting itself in the foot with all the Bs that Wayne is apparently getting away with.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Lapierre that's destroying the NRA. He has been compromising on our gun rights for years.
    Ollie North was a good guy that got tossed because he caught Wayne doing bad stuff
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA hasn?t really fought for the 2nd Amendment in a long time. It?s become a giant Ponzi scheme designed to make a select few rich. Before ole Wayne was the head of the NRA he was a Democrat lobbyist. Burn it to the ground and start over or support real 2A groups that don?t spend $200K on clothes, $4500 a month for a female ?intern? to have an apartment, trips around the world etc. That was membership money that should have gone to help fight for our rights. The NRA was lost after the Cincinnati ?Massacre? back at the NRA convention in the 1970?s. The NRA spends more on lawyer fees in a month than it takes in from membership. The NRA will not see a penny from me until Wayne, Marion Hammer and other Fudds there are gone.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brier-49 wrote:
    It's Lapierre that's destroying the NRA. He has been compromising on our gun rights for years.
    Ollie North was a good guy that got tossed because he caught Wayne doing bad stuff

That is my feelings too. While I am not a fan of the compromising they have done in the past I think they are or were a good orgaization.

But Wayne seems to me to be a greedy scum bag who is out for himself.
    RLTW

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so who the hell is NOT telling wayne to vamoos ????? i quit em years ago....
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This post is very important.....and the story is getting more disgusting, I'm bumping it up for the PM crowd and NRA members to read (so far only 155 hits).

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen. You guys are spot on.
    I'm a life member from long ago and I'd like to support them now, but I too gave up .
    And it only gets worse daily.
    There's another swamp that need to be drained.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time will tell on Wayne LaPierre. NY attorney general and others are on his butt.

If there is any dirt. It will come out. Just b4 the election to hurt Trump.

Part of the democratic plan.
    "What is truth?'
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been a member for many years. About 3 years ago I did not renew as I was getting tired of the constant emails and mailings asking for more money because they were in a tight spot...and if we did not contribute more...yada yada yada...doom and gloom. I began supporting GOA and SAF at that point.

They compromised over and over without gaining anything. Not having the antis pass anything was not a gain, it was a slight erosion of the 2A. A slow leak in your wall will still cause damage, just not at the rate of a burst pipe.

The anti gun groups (notice I do not say Left, Democrat or Liberal because there are some on the Right, Republicans and Conservatives willing to erode the 2A) know that they can take their time and get concessions from the NRA while not relaxing any laws or repealing any laws. They are in for the long haul and then use these horrible events like this weekend to push for more.

I think at this point the NRA as a whole needs to remove all existing leadership and start fresh. Cut all ties with LaPierre and crew and do a reset on their tax exempt status.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tomh. wrote:
    Amen. You guys are spot on.
    I'm a life member from long ago and I'd like to support them now, but I too gave up .
    And it only gets worse daily.
    There's another swamp that need to be drained.

+1

I have been a Life Member since the early 80's. I believed the NRA was the best organization to defend the 2a. Then the assault rifle ban and all the crap in the late 80's through the 90's and they caved. Reagan and Bush 1 were no fan of 2a either, both were fudds.

Now all this crap with Wayne........................I am done with the NRA.

+1 on drain their swamp. They need to clean house and start with Wayne.
    RLTW