In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would Trump Consider an 'Assault Rifle' Ban? It Appears that He Would

lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
Oh my!

Face it, Trump is a turd. You may look at him as a lesser turd, but a turd he is. He is no friend of individual liberty, the Constitution, the RKBA or the Republic. He was and remains a big city collectivist and federal supremacist and his core is that of a controller, including of guns.

Anyone who believes his superfluous rhetoric is willfully ignorant or suffering from massive cognitive dissonance, in my assessment.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/2nd-amendment-alert-trump-assault-rifle-ban/365087

Excerpts (go to link to read entire thing):

" Yesterday morning, a reporter asked President Trump; ?What about assault rifles? A lot of people would like to see them banned.? Trump then responded; ?Well, I could tell you that there is no political appetite for that?I will certainly bring that up.?

"Well, if there?s no ?appetite? for a ban, then why bring it up? Maybe the following is the answer:

?I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today?s internet technology, we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record.?

That statement was from Donald Trump in his book The America We Deserve, released in 2000. Trump ?mysteriously? became a 2nd Amendment ?supporter? prior to his decision to run for president, but was an active democrat party supporter and outspoken gun ban proponent prior to that time. Gun owners have swung elections for decades, then-candidate Trump was very well aware of this."

"Since Donald Trump was elected, the gun community has seen the president bypass Congress and ban bump stocks, support over 21 gun purchases, a Department of State over 32-round magazine ban for civilian firearms exports, push red flag laws which destroy the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments, and a complete ignoring of the evisceration of the 2nd Amendment in the states of: CA, OR, WA, IL, NM, NV, VT, FL, NY, NJ, MA, etc... And then there is his statement that he ?doesn?t like? silencers. "

"For more information on President Trump and the 2nd Amendment, please read the following articles:

BREAKING NEWS: President Trump Greenlights Red Flag Laws

2020 is Trump's to Blow with Gun Owners

Trump Administration Export Ban on Over 32 Round Magazines Raises Question of 'Why?'

Trump: 'I Don't Like Silencers at All'

President Trump Brags About Bump Stock Ban, Supports Concealed Carry, Hints About a Possible Silencer Ban ? Seems Confused About What the 2A is All About

FOP Actions of Trump's ATF Pick Belie 'Reverence for 2nd Amendment' Claim

Will Red Flag Laws Be Used to Set up Gun Owners?

Trump's Bump Stock Ban

Taking Gun Ownership Down to the Bone

Trump Choosing Barr for DOJ: No Favor to Gun Owners

DOJ Announces Bump Stock Ban, Countersuits Immediately Filed

How Republicans Have Damaged the 2nd Amendment

The Danger of 'Red Flag Laws'

With Republicans Like These, Who Needs Democrats?

Trump's Pending Bumpstock Ban

What the Appointment of Brett Kavanaugh Means for Gun Rights

Where is President Trump as Some States Reduce RKBA to Sub-Foreign Levels?

President Trump's View of 2nd Amendment Not What Gun Owners Thought?

Republicans and the Courts Are Destroying the Second Amendment in Ways Democrats Can't

The False-flag Drive Toward Registration, Confiscation: What the heck is President Trump up to?

If Newly Proposed Gun-Control Policies Were Law in 1945, Audie Murphy Could Not Buy a Gun

Bump Stocks and the Bill of Rights"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Then there is this... Oh my! :

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/08/sharpen-your-hatchet/

Sharpen Your Hatchet

"Once more, a President who was elected by an angry base has turned his back. Once more, that base who peacefully asked for a return to sanity, a return to the rule of law, a return to a nation they recognize, has been shunned. It should be the last time.

Trump the man is untrustworthy and an opportunist. But also an outsider to the status quo. He was elected only for the fact that he?s wasn?t a corrupt piece of trash like his opponent. And maybe he?s not, who knows. At this point, what difference does it make?

In the wake of another manufactured crisis, and yes, these ?mass shootings? are indeed such as media creations, we get subjected once more to the appeals to emotion and the threat of ?red flag laws?. I?m not certain Trump actually understands his base. That very wave that got him elected has and will walk away from him hinged on one issue alone- guns.

We asked to drain the swamp. Swamp didn?t get drained.

We chanted to LOCK HER UP. The murderous * walks free and a rotten to the core Department of Justice continues to function, despite having an shred of credibility ripped away.

We said build a wall. Wall is not built.

We chanted SEND THEM BACK for the people who?ve come here, found success and then spit on this nation and its generous people. You renounced us once more and validated every claim the Left made about their opposition.

And we said no more gun laws. You said, ?red flag.?

So here?s the deal. Trump and every other Republican who?re just gushing over this last dumpster fire can guarantee a one way ticket home. The NRA can watch its supporting vines rot and wither away. And they should. We?re done with you. Your base is done with you. You have turned your back for the last time and the patience of a people is finite. The Left hates all of you, all of us, and is actively organizing to murder us. But it will be you first. So all this pandering to them won?t save you, and neither will we.

And when any one of the literal communists gets elected in 2020, maybe the base will wake from their slumber. Maybe. But then, they?ll probably have a few public gatherings, maybe even occupy a public space or two. If the past is a guide however, you?ll do absolutely nothing and the efforts of a few are little more than a waste of time.

Sharpen your hatchets gentlemen. You had a short breather, hope you used it well."
"Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now would he just Banned them for new sales or transfers or Confiscate all of in possession? Here is your government at work for references

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/large-scale-gun-confiscation/

serf
    In 1861, after rejecting the power of states to peacefully secede from the Union, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Confiscation Act, thus authorizing federal troops to confiscate firearms from civilians in preparation for military reconquest of the South.

In 1890, during the height of the American Indian ?relocation? effort, U.S. troops disarmed the Lakota people en masse ?for their own safety and protection? as they were corralled into their new home. Most of the tribe was massacred when a deaf Lakota man refused to surrender his rifle to the federal soldiers.

In 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt used a foreign attack on an American territory to justify the mass confiscation of guns and other property from thousands of people deemed ?enemy aliens? all over the United States. After the confiscation, these disarmed individuals were rounded up and placed in concentration camps.
  • lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    Now would he just Banned them for new sales or transfers or Confiscate all of in possession? Here is your government at work for references

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/large-scale-gun-confiscation/

serf
    In 1861, after rejecting the power of states to peacefully secede from the Union, President Abraham Lincoln signed the Confiscation Act, thus authorizing federal troops to confiscate firearms from civilians in preparation for military reconquest of the South.

In 1890, during the height of the American Indian ?relocation? effort, U.S. troops disarmed the Lakota people en masse ?for their own safety and protection? as they were corralled into their new home. Most of the tribe was massacred when a deaf Lakota man refused to surrender his rifle to the federal soldiers.

In 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt used a foreign attack on an American territory to justify the mass confiscation of guns and other property from thousands of people deemed ?enemy aliens? all over the United States. After the confiscation, these disarmed individuals were rounded up and placed in concentration camps.

We all should know that ultimately confiscation/forced turn-in will be the order of the day for collectivist govt.

Personally, I would expect the 'one step at a time' approach from govt so as to keep the cuckolds and 'gun people' largely quiet and compliant. From everything I have observed and assessed in my life and from what I have seen and heard from 'gun people', it is almost certain that the vast majority will roll over regardless of what govt does and particularly when the anti-constitution, anti-liberty actions and gun-control comes from their trusted and beloved sphincter-lipped god-potus who they strangely see as being on 'their side'.

Rs and Ds...two sides of the same corrupt collectivist coin.
    "Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yesterday Trump stated something to the effect that there was no greater 2nd Amendment supporter than he.

We know from his actions that he has no concept of what the 2nd Amendment is for, what it means, or why it was included in the Bill of RIghts.

He is a fair weather friend and will do or say whatever he thinks he needs to do or say to be re-elected in 2020.

He will balance the number of his base that will drop him and not vote with the number of fence sitters that his polling tells him he will bring into his camp if he does as most big government populists and follows a majority.

Polls now suggest that the vast majority of people that live in this country support universal background checks.

Polls also suggest that the number that support a semi-auto rifle ban are creeping back up following a decline after the spike caused by the Parkland murders.

Know that Trump is a politician like any other.

Know that Trump follows the polls.

Know that Trump has very little regard for the limits that the US Constitution places upon Government.

Knowing that, make an informed decision when you vote in November of 2020.

If Trump follows through on his support of UBCs or an AWB, regardless of how targeted, my vote will again go to the Libertarian Candidate regardless of how close the election appears to be.

This is not just about the 2nd Amendment. It is much deeper and more significant. It is about supporting someone who has violated his oath.

Perhaps we should have expected this based upon the other oaths that he took and broke. Apparently the Constitution, like Ivanka and Marlak, has become too old to hold dear.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Trump follows through on his support of UBCs or an AWB, regardless of how targeted, my vote will again go to the Libertarian Candidate regardless of how close the election appears to be.

This is not just about the 2nd Amendment. It is much deeper and more significant. It is about supporting someone who has violated his oath.
    Agreed,.....I have just about had enough of him.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He?s doing exactly what I said he would do when he was running for President. He supported banning them years ago and I knew he was lying. And I?m sure someone will point out ?So you?d rather have Hillary or you?re voting for a Democrat in 2020? bs. At this point there is no difference between Hillary and Trump on the 2nd Amendment. I wouldn?t vote for her but honestly at this point at least on guns it might have been better to have her only because the fight against her would at least be on the table. But because ole Trumpy?s a ?Republican? the majority of Republicans in Congress will follow what he wants. At the very least we are probably going to have universal background checks like we do in Washington and some other States. There will be no more sales between individuals without a FFL transfer. Trump has already conferred with fellow turd Wayne LaPierre on the best course of Fuddery.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump knows there are votes on both sides of this issue. If he decides he wants to win. Which he may or may not care about with all the negative and nasty politics going on especially directed unfairly at his family. He could go either way. ..

-A. If he decides he wants to win. As a politician and savy business man he will listen to his advisers and do what the polls indicate for victory.

-B. If he says I dont care anymore and FU to the antifa and naysayers. He will go on the offensive and do and say all kinds of inflammatory things as payback. Plus there is a outside chance he could win anyway promoting the gun agenda and being pro 2nd amendment as he should.

Whatever the case it should be entertaining to watch it unfold. :mrgreen:
    "What is truth?'