In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Politics
Contained within the president's budget were calls for about $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid over the next 10 years, which would be achieved by moving payouts to block grants; an $845 billion reduction to Medicare spending over the next decade that targets a decrease in wasteful spending via lower prescription drug costs; and -- surprise -- a roughly $26 billion decrease in Social Security spending over the next 10 years.

Comments

• Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the whole story and your source is?
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i worked 57 years and PAID IN (some low profit self employed years in agriculture)...and i need that SS payment to help live now that i cannot do much physical...and i would pizzed if that got cut while we are GIVING BILLIONS TO NON CITIZENS AND LAZY BUMS....that could easily change a vote ..take the money away from the mooches
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's all B.S. about nothing.

The POTUS cannot change the laws passed by congress decades ago and does not have the authorization to do so.

The rates are set by congress and only congress can change them.

The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It will take a monetary collapse to effectively revamp social security, even the people who die before 62 get nothing but the wife gets it instead if married for ten years. Men drop death faster than women because of bad habits and genetics with hard hazard work environments that men have worked in the past.

Trump can't do it nor any politician but The Federal Reserve and central banks can! Just watch the black swan that is circling overhead right now with trade wars, colossal debts with no positive interest rates for those who save their fiat money which has no intrinsic value other than the central bank's con -games.Truth becomes fiction when the fiction's true;Real becomes not-real where the unreal's real.
    ??Dream of the Red Chamber

serf
    https://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/peter+gabriel/games+without+frontiers_20107496.html
    Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching's is blue
    They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu
    Dressing up in costumes, playing silly games
    Hiding out in tree-tops shouting out rude names
    -Whistling tunes we hide in the dunes by the seaside
    -Whistling tunes we piss on the goons in the jungle
    It's a knockout
    If looks could kill they probably will
    In games without frontiers-wars without tears
    If looks could kill they probably will
    In games without frontiers-war without tears
    Games without frontiers-war without tears
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    always wondered if putting a percentage of my retirement money in cash was practical.....but even the govt can cancel old money and issue new, no doubt highly discounted so that may not be a solution.....i have a friend, single, older and he has large stash of gold and silver ???? ya can't eat it ??
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well more money is going out to entitlements. Figure it out the pot has a little hole that is leaking slowly and will go dry sooner than later. I never counted on any of it for retirement.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well more money is going out to entitlements. Figure it out the pot has a little hole that is leaking slowly and will go dry sooner than later. I never counted on any of it for retirement.
    Neither did I,....but unfortunately the vast majority need it to survive. They will do whatever they have to do to keep it going as is for those already retired, or close to retirement.

Ultimately means testing is going to be applied when deciding whether you will get it or not. I'm already prepared to see what was taken from me stolen for the benefit of 'others'.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner