In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

China moves Army Into Hong Kong

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Politics
So much for Democracy in A communist country.The British walked out with a pseudo trade deal to make money, just like Nixon and Kissinger's deal with their ping-pong tournaments and their so-called free trade bargains. Of course the 99 year treaty of occupation was the end of any real freedoms there.

serf

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/29/chinese-troop-movement-into-hong-kong-prompts-unease
The movements come before a major anti-government demonstration planned for Saturday, as Hong Kong nears its third month of mass protests. On Thursday, the organizer of the demonstration, Civil Human Rights Front, received notice that police had banned the event.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we would have a thousand grievance committees set up so every one could whine about it being unfair and they have (rights)..the chinese will show em who is BOSS
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    we would have a thousand grievance committees set up so every one could whine about it being unfair and they have (rights)..the chinese will show em who is BOSS
    It almost sounds like you're hoping the Chinese squash their protests against the communist takeover. Please tell me I'm wrong.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hong Kong ... was it a British owned property or did it belong to China?

If the Brits left, why?

Sorry but just not 'up' on the story here. :?:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Hong Kong ... was it a British owned property or did it belong to China?

If the Brits left, why?

Sorry but just not 'up' on the story here. :?:

I think their 99 year lease was up.The British Empire is a shell of itself. The NWO and United Nations is the game they play now. World Fascist communism with Major International corporations trade zones and Tax havens is the new playground now. Corporate lobbyist buy all the votes and International corporations make all the goodies everybody wants.

serf

On Dec. 19, 1984, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (1925?2013) and Chinese Premier Zhao Ziyang (1919?2005) signed the Sino-British Joint Declaration, in which Britain agreed to return not only the New Territories but also Kowloon and British Hong Kong itself when the lease term expired. Under the declaration's terms, Hong Kong would become a special administrative region (SAR) under the People's Republic of China (PRC), and it was expected to enjoy a high degree of autonomy outside of foreign and defense affairs. For a period of 50 years after the end of the lease, Hong Kong would remain a free port with a separate customs territory and sustain markets for free exchange. Hong Kong citizens could continue to practice capitalism and political freedoms forbidden on the mainland.
    edited November -1
    Asian kings/dictators, et al have been known not to keep their 'promises' so no surprise
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

edited November -1
    Asian kings/dictators, et al have been known not to keep their 'promises' so no surprise