In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR15 mags

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
What is considered the best AR15 mag? What about the lower end mags,any good?

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of good mags available. PMags, ASC, C-Products.
    For year round use, I've been using the same old Thermold mags for a decade.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I have used nothing but Colt 20 round aluminum magazines for years, but I have found that they do not feed 300 Blackout reliably and have switched to MagPul Pmags. I have had good luck with AMEND2 30 round magazines. They come in a variety of colors, so I chose grey to use with 300 Blacckout, which feed perfectly.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Lancer for plastic and plain old Brownells for metal. Old Colts work well. I have some "not AR 15" rifles that don't handle plastic - too much material up top or too tight a fit in Robinsons and Volquartson Evolution. Lancers have plastic body but metal feed lips. Bodies aren't too bulky.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?d guess the Barrett mags are ?the best? but that?s a bit subjective. I have 3 of them & I think they were about $40 a pop.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that Colt-marked mags have always been made by Okay Industries, who made the same mags under the NHMTG & Surefire names. Internals vary, depending upon when they were made.

Neal
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep in mind that the USGI mags were provided by the lowest bidder. I try to work a step or two above that level.